Skip Header & Navigation
All content on this site is available, via phone, twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week, by calling 1-800-960-8400. Again, that phone number is 1-800-960-8400 . If you experience any accessibility issues please contact us.
There are 2 Omaha Steaks stores in your area.
Get $60 in Omaha Steaks Cash
Your $60 in Omaha Steaks Cash will arrive in 3 E-Reward Card codes in the amounts of $30, $20 and $10 for each $79 shipment you send, up to a maximum of 3 per household. Your first E-Reward Card code will be emailed to you 48 hours after the order ships.
Use them on your next three orders!
*Savings shown over aggregated single item base price. Omaha Steaks Gift Cards, E-Gift Cards, Wine, Gift Baskets, Grills and Live Lobsters do not count toward the $79 minimum order requirement for the earned reward card. You will receive your Omaha Steaks Cash in three E-Reward Card codes in the amounts of $30, $20 and $10 for each $79 shipment you send when ordering up to a maximum of 3 per household. Your first $30 E-Reward Card code will be emailed to you 48 hours after your order ships, your $20 E-Reward Card code will be emailed to you 7/1/2018 and your $10 E-Reward card code will be emailed to you 10/1/2018. Your Omaha Steaks $30 E-Reward Card, $20 E-Reward Card and $10 E-Reward Card are a one-time use codes and may each be used on one customer transaction of $79 or more during the valid redemption dates. The codes must be provided at checkout to apply your discount and any remaining balance will be forfeited. You may only use one E-Reward Card code per customer transaction per day. Your codes may not be used to purchase Omaha Steaks Gift Cards, E-Gift Cards or wine. Reward cards may not be used on any order that also redeems Steaklover Rewards points. The codes may not be applied to previous sales, have no cash value, are non-transferable and will not be replaced if lost or stolen. The codes can be redeemed online or by phone and at Omaha Steaks retail locations during the valid redemption dates. The E-Reward Card codes are void if altered, defaced, copied, transferred or sold through any auction. Omaha Steaks reserves the right to change these terms at any time and without notice. The $30 E-Reward Card Code is valid 4/25/18-6/30/18. The $20 E-Reward Card Code is valid 7/1/18-9/30/18. The $10 E-Reward Card Code is valid 10/1/18-12/31/18. Omaha Steaks Gift Cards, E-Gift Cards, Wine, Gift Baskets, Grills and Live Lobsters do not count toward the $79 minimum order requirement for the earned reward card. Limit of 2 on selected items at these exclusive prices. Other restrictions may apply. Offer valid until 11:59pm CST on 4/30/18.
Jerked Ribeye Steaks with Yuca Chips and Habanero Sauce
Featured Omaha Steaks Product
- 4 Omaha Steaks Ribeye Steaks, about 10 ounces each
- 2 tablespoons light olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Jamaican jerk spice seasoning
- 1/2 cup minced carrot
- 2 tablespoons minced white onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 orange habanero chiles, seeded and minced
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup unseasoned rice vinegar
- Pinch of salt
- 1 1/2 pounds yucca
- 4 cups vegetable oil or light peanut oil
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
- 3 large sweet potatoes
- 2 to 3 cups canola oil
- Ribeye steaks cut from the loin end, rather than the chuck end, are much leaner and are preferred for this recipe.
- The steaks are rubbed with ready-made jerk seasoning, which is a typical and traditional Jamaican preparation for meat that was originally used as a practical means of preserving it.
- The "jerking" technique has crossed the Caribbean and is now featured on the menus of many Florida restaurants, fitting well into the region's exciting hybrid style of cooking.
- Yuca (also known as cassava and manioc) is a staple root vegetable of the Caribbean that has a white flesh and makes great fries.
- Sweet potato fries (see recipe below) or regular potato fries make very acceptable substitutes.
- The sauce in this recipe features the habanero, the hottest chile of all, so be warned! When handling hot chiles, it's best to use rubber gloves, and always wash your hands thoroughly afterward because the oils are very pervasive. Most important, never rub your eyes while working with chiles.
- To prepare the steaks, rub them with oil and season with jerk spice. (Sprinkle the steaks with a little salt if the jerk spice does not contain any.)
- Place the seasoned steaks on a platter, cover with plastic wrap, and let sit at room temperature for 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, to prepare the sauce, place all the ingredients in a saucepan with 1 cup of water and bring to a boil.
- Boil over medium-high heat for about 15 minutes, or until the liquid is reduced by half.
- Transfer to a blender and puree. Set aside and let cool.
- Prepare the grill (or, alternatively, the steaks may be broiled or sautéed in a heavy pan or skillet, using 1 tablespoon of hot olive oil or safflower oil; they will take approximately the same time to cook as they will on the grill).
- To prepare the chips, bring a saucepan of water to a boil.
- Peel the yucca with a large, heavy knife and cut into paper-thin slices (preferably with a mandolin slicer).
- In a deep fryer or large, heavy skillet, heat the oil to 375°. Carefully add the yucca slices in batches and fry for about 20 to 30 seconds, until crispy and golden brown.
- Remove the chips with a slotted spoon and drain on paper towels. Immediately season with salt and sprinkle with lime juice squeezed from the wedges. Keep warm in a low oven.
- Place the seasoned steaks on the hot grill and cook for 4 to 5 minutes per side for medium-rare or 6 to 7 minutes per side for medium.
- To serve, place each steak on the side of a warm serving plate and top with the sauce.
- Place the chips next to the steak and serve immediately.
- To prepare the fries, place the sweet potatoes on a baking sheet, bake in the oven for 20 minutes, and let cool.
- Neatly cut the potatoes, still with their skins on, into thin sticks.
- Heat the oil in a deep fryer or large saucepan to 350° and fry the potatoes for 3 to 4 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Remove with a slotted spoon and drain on paper towels.
- Season with salt and keep warm.
Savings shown over aggregated single item base price. Photos are exemplary of product advertised.
"Omaha Steaks", "Omaha Steaks Private Reserve", "Private Reserve" and "Triple-Trimmed" are trademarks owned by Omaha Steaks International, Inc. and may not be used without permission.
© 2019, OmahaSteaks.com, Inc. All rights reserved. | v19.9.2a.