Skip Header & Navigation
All content on this site is available, via phone, twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week, by calling 1-800-960-8400. Again, that phone number is 1-800-960-8400 . If you experience any accessibility issues please contact us.
There is 1 Omaha Steaks store in your area.
Grilled Salsa Steak Appetizer
Recipe Categories: All Recipes | Flat Iron Steak | Other Steak Favorites | Appetizers | Lighter Options | New Year's Eve | Tailgating
- 2 hrsMarinade Time
Prep time: 15 min
Cook time: 15 min
Serves: 4 to 8
Featured Omaha Steaks Product
- 2 Omaha Steaks Flat Iron Steaks
- 1 cup thick-and-chunky salsa, divided
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro
- 24 large corn tortilla chips
- 1/2 cup guacamole
- 24 fresh cilantro leaves, optional
- Place beef steaks and 1/2 cup salsa in food-safe plastic bag; turn steaks to coat. Close bag securely and marinate in refrigerator 15 minutes to 2 hours. Combine remaining 1/2 cup salsa and chopped cilantro, as desired; cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
- Remove steaks from marinade; discard marinade. Place steaks on grill, turning occasionally.
For medium rare (145°F) to medium (160°F) doneness:
Charcoal: Grill over medium, ash-covered coals, uncovered, 10 to 14 minutes.
Gas: Grill over medium heat on preheated grill, covered, 12 to 16 minutes.
- Carve steaks into thin slices; cut slices into bite-size pieces. Arrange chips on platter. Top each chip evenly with reserved salsa mixture, beef and guacamole. Garnish with cilantro leaf, if desired. Serve immediately.
Recipe and Photo courtesy of The Beef Checkoff
Savings shown over aggregated single item base price. Photos are exemplary of product advertised.
"Omaha Steaks", "Omaha Steaks Private Reserve", "Private Reserve" and "Triple-Trimmed" are trademarks owned by Omaha Steaks International, Inc. and may not be used without permission.
© 2020, OmahaSteaks.com, Inc. All rights reserved. | v20.1.3.