Skip To Main Content
All content on this site is available, via phone, twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week, by calling 1-800-960-8400. If you experience any accessibility issues please contact us at1-800-960-8400.
Grilled Lumberjack Steaks with Wild Mushroom Sauce and Potato Wedges
Featured Omaha Steaks Product
- 4 Omaha Steaks Porterhouse Steaks
- 1 cup piquant tomato salsa
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 large unpeeled baking potatoes, cut in half lengthwise
- 2 tablespoons peanut or vegetable oil
- Freshly cracked black pepper
- 2 cups beef stock
- 1/2 cup sliced smoked bacon
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 cup sliced chanterelles or other wild mushrooms (about 4 ounces)
- 1/2 cup scallions cut into 1-inch lengths
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh marjoram
- Dash of Worcestershire sauce
- Preheat the oven to 350° F and prepare the grill. (Or, alternatively, the steaks can be broiled or sautéed in a heavy pan or skillet using 1 tablespoon of hot olive oil or safflower oil; they will take approximately the same time to cook as they will on the grill.)
- Place the salsa in a food processor or blender and puree until smooth. With the machine running, add the oil in a slow, steady stream until well blended. The mixture should be thin but not soupy. Transfer the salsa mixture to a large shallow dish and coat both sides of the steaks. Cover with plastic wrap and let sit at room temperature for 1 hour.
- Cut the potato halves-length wise into 3 triangular wedges. Place the wedges in a mixing bowl and toss with the oil, salt, and pepper. Transfer the potatoes to a baking sheet and bake in the oven for 45 minutes to 1 hour, until golden brown and tender.
- To prepare the mushroom sauce, heat the stock in a saucepan over medium-high heat and reduce to 1 cup. Place the bacon in a sauté pan and cook over medium heat until almost crisp. Remove the bacon from the pan and drain on paper towels.
- Melt the butter in the same sauté pan. Add the garlic and mushrooms to the hot pan and sauté over medium-high heat for about 5 minutes, until the mushrooms are tender and the garlic is lightly golden. Add the scallions and sauté 1 minute longer. Add the reduced stock and bring the mixture to a boil. Stir in the cooked bacon, marjoram, and Worcestershire sauce, and remove from the heat.
- Transfer the steaks from the salsa to the hot grill. Grill for 6 to 7 minutes per side for medium-rare or 8 to 9 minutes per side for medium. The steaks should have a caramelized and roasty tomato smell when cooking.
- To serve, spoon the liquid from the mushroom sauce onto each serving plate and arrange the vegetables from the sauce on one side of the plate. Place a steak over the sauce, lay the potatoes next to the steak and vegetables, and serve immediately.
Savings shown over aggregated single item base price. Prices shown are available on consumer orders only. Maximum order quantity may apply. Photos are exemplary of product advertised.
© 2022, OmahaSteaks.com, Inc. All rights reserved. | v22.9.1.