Skip Header & Navigation
All content on this site is available, via phone, twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week, by calling 1-800-960-8400. Again, that phone number is 1-800-960-8400 . If you experience any accessibility issues please contact us.
There is 1 Omaha Steaks store in your area.
Grilled Lemon Chipotle Shrimp Skewers with Spanish Rice
- 4 hoursMarinade Time
Prep time: 30 min
Cook time: 10 min
Featured Omaha Steaks Product
- 1 Bag Omaha Wild White Shrimp Thawed
- 12 Large Bambo Skewers
- 1 recipe Lemon Chipotle Marinade (recipe below)
- 2 tray Omaha Steaks Spanish Rice (or use recipe below)
- 1/4 cup Fresh Lemon Juice
- 1 Tbsp Garlic, chopped
- 1 Tbsp Rosemary, chopped
- 1/4 cup Olive Oil
- 1 tsp Kosher Salt
- 1/4 tsp Black Pepper, ground
- 2 Tbsp Canned Chipotle in Adobo Sauce, puréed
- 4 each Plum Tomatoes
- 1 Tbsp Cilantro, chopped
- 1 cups Chicken Broth
- 1 tsp Garlic, chopped
- 1 tsp Canned Chipotle in Adobo Sauce, puréed
- 1 tsp Kosher Salt
- 1/3 cup Canola Oil
- 1 cups Long Grain White Rice
- 1/4 Cup Yellow Onion, chopped
- In a gallon Zip Lock bag, add thawed Shrimp and Lemon Chipotle Marinade.
- Roll up bag to push air out of bag before sealing.
- Refrigerate shrimp for 4 hours.
- Divide shrimp into 6 portions and thread shrimp tail ends onto 6 skewers. Insert a second skewer through the head end of the shrimp so they are double skewered.
- Preheat grill to medium.
- Grill shrimp skewers for 3-4 minutes on each side. Discard marinade.
- Plate Spanish Rice. Remove skewers from grill and plate atop the bed of Spanish Rice.
- Place all ingredients in a bowl and mix well.
- In a heavy skillet over high heat, place the tomatoes and char until their skins split.
- Transfer tomatoes to a blender or food processor and puree. Stir in cilantro.
- In a large saucepan, combine chicken broth, pureed tomatoes, garlic, chipotle purée, and salt. Bring to a slow boil.
- In a separate large sauce pan, heat oil over high heat until hot. Add rice and onions and sauté until grains are bright white or slightly brown; approximately 7-10 minutes.
- Add tomato mixture to saucepan with rice & onions. Simmer for 15 minutes.
- Remove saucepan with rice from the heat, cover and let stand for 20 to 30 minutes stirring twice.
- Fluff rice with a fork. Keep warm until ready to serve.
Savings shown over aggregated single item base price. Photos are exemplary of product advertised.
"Omaha Steaks", "Omaha Steaks Private Reserve", "Private Reserve" and "Triple-Trimmed" are trademarks owned by Omaha Steaks International, Inc. and may not be used without permission.
© 2020, OmahaSteaks.com, Inc. All rights reserved. | v20.1.3.