Skip To Main Content
All content on this site is available, via phone, twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week, by calling 1-800-960-8400. If you experience any accessibility issues please contact us at1-800-960-8400.
Grilled Lemon Chipotle Shrimp Skewers with Spanish Rice
- 4 hoursMarinade Time
Prep time: 30 min
Cook time: 10 min
Featured Omaha Steaks Product
- 1 Bag Omaha Steaks Wild Argentinian Red Shrimp Thawed
- 12 Large Bambo Skewers
- 1 recipe Lemon Chipotle Marinade (recipe below)
- Spanish Rice (recipe below)
- 1/4 cup Fresh Lemon Juice
- 1 Tbsp Garlic, chopped
- 1 Tbsp Rosemary, chopped
- 1/4 cup Olive Oil
- 1 tsp Kosher Salt
- 1/4 tsp Black Pepper, ground
- 2 Tbsp Canned Chipotle in Adobo Sauce, puréed
- 4 each Plum Tomatoes
- 1 Tbsp Cilantro, chopped
- 1 cups Chicken Broth
- 1 tsp Garlic, chopped
- 1 tsp Canned Chipotle in Adobo Sauce, puréed
- 1 tsp Kosher Salt
- 1/3 cup Canola Oil
- 1 cups Long Grain White Rice
- 1/4 Cup Yellow Onion, chopped
- In a gallon Zip Lock bag, add thawed Shrimp and Lemon Chipotle Marinade.
- Roll up bag to push air out of bag before sealing.
- Refrigerate shrimp for 4 hours.
- Divide shrimp into 6 portions and thread shrimp tail ends onto 6 skewers. Insert a second skewer through the head end of the shrimp so they are double skewered.
- Preheat grill to medium.
- Grill shrimp skewers for 3-4 minutes on each side. Discard marinade.
- Plate Spanish Rice. Remove skewers from grill and plate atop the bed of Spanish Rice.
- Place all ingredients in a bowl and mix well.
- In a heavy skillet over high heat, place the tomatoes and char until their skins split.
- Transfer tomatoes to a blender or food processor and puree. Stir in cilantro.
- In a large saucepan, combine chicken broth, pureed tomatoes, garlic, chipotle purée, and salt. Bring to a slow boil.
- In a separate large sauce pan, heat oil over high heat until hot. Add rice and onions and sauté until grains are bright white or slightly brown; approximately 7-10 minutes.
- Add tomato mixture to saucepan with rice & onions. Simmer for 15 minutes.
- Remove saucepan with rice from the heat, cover and let stand for 20 to 30 minutes stirring twice.
- Fluff rice with a fork. Keep warm until ready to serve.
Savings shown over aggregated single item base price. Prices shown are available on consumer orders only. Maximum order quantity may apply. Photos are exemplary of product advertised.
© 2021, OmahaSteaks.com, Inc. All rights reserved. | v21.9.4a.