Skip To Main Content
All content on this site is available, via phone, twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week, by calling 1-800-960-8400. If you experience any accessibility issues please contact us at1-800-960-8400.
Filet Mignon and Peppercorn Sauce
Featured Omaha Steaks Product
IngredientsTenderloin Steaks and Peppercorn Sauce:
- 4 Omaha Steaks Filet Mignons
- Vegetable oil spray
- 1/2 teaspoon black peppercorns, coarsely crushed
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon cold water
- 1 14-ounce can fat-free, no-salt-added beef broth
- 1 small bay leaf
- 1/8 teaspoon dried thyme, crumbled
- 1/3 cup dry red wine (regular or nonalcoholic)
- 1/4 teaspoon black peppercorns, coarsely crushed
- Put the cornstarch into a cup. Add the water, stirring to dissolve.
- In a medium saucepan, whisk together the cornstarch mixture and the broth.
- Bring to a broil over high heat; cook until slightly thickened, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in the bay leaf and thyme.
- Reduce the heat to medium-high and cook for 10 to 12 minutes, or until the sauce is reduced to about 1 cup.
- Stir in the wine and peppercorns.
- Reduce the heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Remove the bay leaf.
Recipe and Photo courtesy of The Beef Checkoff
Savings shown over aggregated single item base price. Prices shown are available on consumer orders only. Maximum order quantity may apply. Photos are exemplary of product advertised.
© 2022, OmahaSteaks.com, Inc. All rights reserved. | v22.5.18.