Skip Header & Navigation
All content on this site is available, via phone, twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week, by calling 1-800-960-8400. Again, that phone number is 1-800-960-8400 . If you experience any accessibility issues please contact us.
There is 1 Omaha Steaks store in your area.
Chili Garlic Crusted Strip Loin Steaks Topped with a Romesco Sauce
Featured Omaha Steaks Product
- 4 ea. 12 oz Omaha Steaks Boneless Strip Steaks, thawed
- 2 Tbsp. roasted garlic olive oil
- 4 tsp. roasted garlic puréed
- 2 tsp. ancho chile powder
- 2 tsp. sugar
- 2 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/2 recipe Romesco Sauce
- 4 cilantro sprigs, for garnish
- 1/4 cup toasted pine nuts, for garnish
- 4 orange slices, for garnish
- 3 large red bell peppers, roasted, peeled, seeded and chopped
- 3 Tbsp. roasted garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup yellow onion, sliced
- 1 cup grape tomatoes
- 2 dried ancho chiles, stemmed and seeded
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup toasted pine nuts
- 2 tsp. lime juice, fresh
- 1/4 cup orange juice, fresh
- 1 Tbsp. orange zest
- 1 Tbsp. capers
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 1-1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- Roast the garlic in the olive oil then mince the garlic and reserve the oil.
- Brush both sides of steaks with the roasted garlic olive oil.
- In a small bowl, combine ancho chili powder, sugar, and kosher salt. Dividing the seasoning mixture among the steaks, sprinkle seasoning on both sides of each steak.
- Rub 1 teaspoon of roasted garlic on one side of each steak; spreading as evenly as possible.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of roasted garlic olive oil in a large non-stick sauté pan over high heat until very hot or about 3 minutes.
- Carefully place the steaks in the hot pan with the garlic side down.
- For medium rare steaks cook for about 6 to 7 minutes on the first side, flip and continue cooking about 5 to 6 minutes.
- Place cooked steaks on clean serving plates. Spoon the Romesco Sauce over the steak. Garnish with a cilantro sprig, orange slices and toasted pine nuts.
- Preheat oven broiler.
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in small skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add ancho chiles; fry until darkened and slightly puffed, turning once about 30 seconds.
- Transfer to small bowl. Add enough hot water to cover.
- Let stand 30 minutes.
- In a mixing bowl, combine grape tomatoes, onions and 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
- Place mixture on a foil lined baking pan.
- Place pan in broiler for about 20 minutes, stirring every 5 minutes.
- Drain the chiles, and place chiles, tomatoes, onions and remaining ingredients in a food processor and purée.
- Serve sauce over steaks at room temperature or cold.
Savings shown over aggregated single item base price. Photos are exemplary of product advertised.
"Omaha Steaks", "Omaha Steaks Private Reserve", "Private Reserve" and "Triple-Trimmed" are trademarks owned by Omaha Steaks International, Inc. and may not be used without permission.
© 2019, OmahaSteaks.com, Inc. All rights reserved. | v19.9.11d.