Skip Header & Navigation-
All content on this site is available, via phone, twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week, by calling 1-800-960-8400. Again, that phone number is 1-800-960-8400 . If you experience any accessibility issues please contact us.
There is 1 Omaha Steaks store in your area.
Certified Evil Chocolate Custards
- 6 coolingMarinade Time
Prep time: 30 min
Cook time: 1 hour
Featured Omaha Steaks Product
- 5 egg yolks from fresh, large eggs
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 (12 oz.) bottle Lucky Bucket Certified Evil beer
- 5 oz. semi-sweet chocolate
- Start by pouring 1 bottle of Lucky Bucket Certified Evil in a stainless steel sauce pot. Reduce on high heat for about 10-12 minutes or until the beer has reduced by 3/4. You should end up with between 1/4 and 1/3 of a cup. Watch closely at the end to avoid burning.
- Place 5 oz. of good quality Semi-Sweet Chocolate in a mixing bowl over a double boiler and allow to melt.
- Slowly bring to a boil 2 cups of heavy cream.
- Separate egg yolks and place in a mixing bowl with sugar. Whip until smooth and pale in color.
- Combine reduced Certified Evil with hot cream and melted chocolate. Mix until smooth.
- Temper eggs by slowly adding 1 cup of the hot cream mixture while whipping.
- Stir in the rest of the hot cream mixture.
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees.
- Pour custard mixture into 8 each 4 oz. Ramekins.
- Place filled ramekins in a raised edge roasting pan and fill with hot water from the double boiler half way up the ramekins
- Cover pan with foil and carefully place in the preheated 250 degree oven.
- Bake for 55-60 minutes. The finished custard should still be soft in the middle and may look underdone.
- Remove foil and place in fridge for at least 6 hours to cool.
- Serve with a beer tulip of Lucky Bucket Certified Evil.
Omaha Steaks has partnered with Nebraska's Lucky Bucket Brewing Co. to develop innovative and flavorful recipes that bring together world-class food and exceptional beer. Using Lucky Bucket's classic styles and big barrel-aged ales, Executive Chef Karl Marsh has crafted a handful of sauces and marinades to pair exclusively with gourmet food from Omaha Steaks. To see more of our Lucky Bucket-inspired recipes, click here.
Savings shown over aggregated single item base price. Photos are exemplary of product advertised.
© 2020, OmahaSteaks.com, Inc. All rights reserved. | v20.5.4.