Skip Header & Navigation-
All content on this site is available, via phone, twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week, by calling 1-800-960-8400. Again, that phone number is 1-800-960-8400 . If you experience any accessibility issues please contact us.
There is 1 Omaha Steaks store in your area.
Certified Evil Chocolate Custards
- 6 coolingMarinade Time
Prep time: 30 min
Cook time: 1 hour
Featured Omaha Steaks Product
- 5 egg yolks from fresh, large eggs
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 (12 oz.) bottle Lucky Bucket Certified Evil beer
- 5 oz. semi-sweet chocolate
- Start by pouring 1 bottle of Lucky Bucket Certified Evil in a stainless steel sauce pot. Reduce on high heat for about 10-12 minutes or until the beer has reduced by 3/4. You should end up with between 1/4 and 1/3 of a cup. Watch closely at the end to avoid burning.
- Place 5 oz. of good quality Semi-Sweet Chocolate in a mixing bowl over a double boiler and allow to melt.
- Slowly bring to a boil 2 cups of heavy cream.
- Separate egg yolks and place in a mixing bowl with sugar. Whip until smooth and pale in color.
- Combine reduced Certified Evil with hot cream and melted chocolate. Mix until smooth.
- Temper eggs by slowly adding 1 cup of the hot cream mixture while whipping.
- Stir in the rest of the hot cream mixture.
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees.
- Pour custard mixture into 8 each 4 oz. Ramekins.
- Place filled ramekins in a raised edge roasting pan and fill with hot water from the double boiler half way up the ramekins
- Cover pan with foil and carefully place in the preheated 250 degree oven.
- Bake for 55-60 minutes. The finished custard should still be soft in the middle and may look underdone.
- Remove foil and place in fridge for at least 6 hours to cool.
- Serve with a beer tulip of Lucky Bucket Certified Evil.
Omaha Steaks has partnered with Nebraska's Lucky Bucket Brewing Co. to develop innovative and flavorful recipes that bring together world-class food and exceptional beer. Using Lucky Bucket's classic styles and big barrel-aged ales, Executive Chef Karl Marsh has crafted a handful of sauces and marinades to pair exclusively with gourmet food from Omaha Steaks. To see more of our Lucky Bucket-inspired recipes, click here.
Savings shown over aggregated single item base price. Prices shown are available on consumer orders only. Maximum order quantity may apply. Photos are exemplary of product advertised.
© 2020, OmahaSteaks.com, Inc. All rights reserved. | v20.11.3.