Chicken and White Bean Chili
This recipe for Chicken and White Bean Chili uses Omaha Steaks Chicken Breasts and petite navy beans to create a low maintenance-meal that is full of flavor. Cooked navy beans lend a salty goodness to the piquant flavor of the chicken cooked with chili powder, cumin, and chiles in this hearty meal.
- 2-1/2 lbs. Omaha Steaks Chicken Breast 1/2" Dice
- 1 oz olive oil
- 1 cup diced yellow onion
- 2 Tbsp. fresh garlic minced
- 2 Tbsp. roasted garlic minced
- 1/4 cup dark chile powder
- 1/4 cup ancho chile powder
- 2 Tbsp. ground cumin
- 14 oz. canned diced tomatoes in juice
- 3 Tbsp. basil fresh chopped
- 1 qt. chicken stock
- 18 oz. chopped green chiles canned
- 1 lb. petite navy beans cooked or 34 oz. cooked weight
- 1/4 cup fine sea salt
- 1/2 cup brown sugar packed
Cook navy beans using directions on package.
Heat the olive oil in a heavy bottom, round pot or the braiser if making a large batch.
Add the onions and garlic and cook until the onions are transparent.
Turn the flame down all the way until low, add chili powder and cumin and sauté about 3 minutes.
Add the chicken breast another 10 minutes on low heat.
Add the diced tomatoes, basil, green chiles and chicken stock. Bring to a boil then simmer 15 minutes.
Add the cooked white beans and bring back to a boil.
Add the sea salt and brown sugar.
Simmer for another 30 minutes.
Remove from pot and cool.
Calories: 210kcal | Carbohydrates: 23g | Protein: 22g | Cholesterol: 45mg | Sodium: 2120mg | Fiber: 5g