Collard Green Chimichurri
Add a flavor punch to your protein
- 2 collard green leaves stems and veins removed
- 1 cup Italian parsley firmly packed
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 1 Calabrian chile stem removed (or other spicy chile)
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 T. sherry vinegar
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
In a small saucepan, bring salted water to a boil and cook collard greens about 10 minutes or until tender.
Chop collard greens.
In a food processor, blend collard greens, parsley, garlic, and Calabrian chile until finely minced. Slowly add olive oil, sherry vinegar, and a pinch of salt and pepper to food processor; blend until well incorporated.
Season to taste with salt and pepper.