Skip the Cranberry Sauce – Try this Grape Gastrique Recipe
- by Omaha Steaks
We love a traditional turkey dinner with all the fixings, including whole basted turkey, our favorite side dishes, and pumpkin pie. Most families also serve gravy or cranberry sauce to top their turkey breast and add flavor. This year, try something new and delicious on your turkey – Roasted Grape Gastrique – a unique recipe from our chefs.
In the simplest form, a gastrique is a combination of caramelized sugar, deglazed with vinegar to create a basic sweet and sour sauce to add flavor to a dish. It’s typical to find fruit-based gastriques, like red cherry, mango, blackberry or orange. Gastriques are regularly served in restaurants to add unique flavor profiles to pork loin, duck, or chicken dishes.
We’ve added roasted grapes to our gastrique for a slightly sweet topping creating a perfect complement to your turkey. Our grape gastrique is easy to prepare in just 20 minutes and will give a splash of gourmet to your holiday meal. Why serve the basic cranberry sauce when you can make this amazing grape gastrique?
Remember, a little bit of grape gastrique goes a long way and will add a unique and delicious flavor to your turkey breast. This recipe is an easy way to upgrade your holiday meal, impress your guests, and enjoy amazing food.
Roasted Grape Gastrique
- 4 C. assorted grapes – picked washed and dried
- 1 T. Olive oil
- 3/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 2 T. Water
- 1/2 c. sugar
- 1/2 c. apple cider vinegar
- 1 T. cornstarch mixed with 4T. water
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Combine grapes, olive oil, salt and pepper and cinnamon stick in a bowl.
- Parchment line or lightly spray a baking sheet. Pour grapes onto baking sheet.
- Bake at 350° for 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and pour into a bowl.
- Combine 2T. water and ½ c. sugar in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat for 5-7 minutes until sugar starts to brown.
- Remove from heat and slowly add vinegar. Return to heat and stir until combined.
- Add the cornstarch and water mixture, bring to a boil.
- Remove from heat.
- Pour mixture over roasted grapes and serve.
Holiday Meals Delivered
With over 100 years of delivering the very best meals and gourmet food, Omaha Steaks is your go-to for a hassle-free holiday meal.