Your Holiday Shopping just got easier... FREE SHIPPING on selected combos! Click for details
The Perfect Denver Omelet
Makes 1 Omelet
• 2 Large Eggs AAA
• 2 Tsp Olive Oil
• 2 Tbsp Milk
• 2 Tbsp White Onion, diced
• 1 Tbsp Green Pepper, diced
• 1 Tbsp Red Pepper, diced
• 3 Tbsp Omaha Steaks Smoked Ham
• ¼ Cup Cheddar Cheese, grated
Also need: 1 Non-stick 6" Pan, 1 Frying Pan, 1 Rubber Spatula, 1 Mixing bowl & 1 Whip
1. Heat 1 tsp of oil in frying pan over high heat.
2. Add onions and sauté it until clear. Add peppers and Ham to pan, sauté until cooked. Remove pan from heat and set aside.
3. In the mixing bowl, break eggs and add milk. Whip eggs until fluffy.
4. Heat remaining teaspoon of oil in non-stick pan over medium heat.
5. Add whipped egg mixture to the pan, when hot.
6. Using the rubber spatula, pull the cooked egg from the outside of the pan to the middle, building up the cooked egg in the middle. Pick up pan and tilt so the liquid egg goes to the sides of pan. Continue tilting pan, until just a little bit of liquid egg remains in the pan.
7. Flip omelet over, by using the spatula or flip in the air using the pan. (To practice this technique, use the crust of a loaf of bread in a cold pan. Try to flip is over as gently as possible.)
8. Add cooked onion, peppers and Ham down the middle of the omelet.
9. Sprinkle with cheese.
10. Carefully fold omelet onto a plate by sliding it half way out of the pan onto the plate then fold over the other half using the pan.
11. The goal for a perfect omelet is to be yellow and not brown with the egg on the outside cooked but not browned.
In addition, try these other great Omaha Steaks breakfast items:
#177 Fully Cooked Bacon
#1654 Fully Cooked Breakfast Sausage
#1663 Breakfast Panini
#922 8oz Strip Steaks
#1205 Potatoes Au Gratins