Your Holiday Shopping just got easier... FREE SHIPPING on selected combos! Click for details
Tenderloin Tips in Pita Pockets with Yogurt-Tahini Dressing
- For the Yogurt-Tahini Dressing:
- 1 cup plain whole-milk yogurt
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- For the Dry Rub:
- 2 teaspoons coriander seeds, toasted (see below)
- 2 teaspoons cumin seeds, toasted (see below)
- 1 (2-inch) length of cinnamon stick, broken into pieces, toasted (see below)
- 1 tablespoon mild red chile powder
- 2 tablespoons hot paprika
- 1 tablespoon black peppercorns, crushed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- For the Tenderloin Tips:
- 1 pound Tenderloin tips, Omaha Steaks
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- For serving:
- 4 pita breads
- 5 or 6 large romaine lettuce leaves, julienned
- 2 tomatoes, diced
- ¼ onion, diced
- To prepare the dressing:
- Place the yogurt, tahini, lemon juice, parsley, and salt in a small mixing bowl and combine thoroughly.
- Keep refrigerated.
- To prepare the dry rub:
- Grind the coriander and cumin seeds with the cinnamon stick in a coffee grinder or mortar and pestle.
- Transfer to a mixing bowl and combine with the chile powder, paprika, peppercorns, and salt.
- To prepare the tenderloin tips:
- Toss with the dry rub mixture to cover all sides.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet and sauté the meat over medium-high heat, turning the meat so that all sides get browned and cooked to the desired doneness, about 2 or 3 minutes for medium-rare and 3 to 4 minutes for medium.
- You may need to sauté the meat in batches so as not to overcrowd the pan.
- To serve:
- Cut off the end of each pita bread and open to form a pocket.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the lettuce, tomatoes, and onion with enough dressing to lightly coat the salad.
- Place a small amount of the salad in the bottom of each pita and fill with the sautéed tenderloin tips.
- Drizzle some of the Yogurt-Tahini Dressing over the meat, and top with another spoonful of salad.