Your Holiday Shopping just got easier... FREE SHIPPING on selected combos! Click for details
Steak Sashimi Appetizer
Yield: 12, very thin, half moon slices
Preparation Time: 10-12 minutes
Cook time: 7 minutes
• 1 (7 oz.) Filet Mignon (#928 Omaha Steaks Private Reserve)
• 2 tsp Olive Oil
• ¼ tsp Ground Black Pepper
• 1 tsp Sea Salt
• ½ tsp Soy Sauce
• ¼ tsp Sesame Oil (Toasted)
• ¼ tsp Balsamic Vinegar (High quality, Oak Aged)
• 1 tsp Green Onion (Minced)
• 1 tsp Toasted Sesame Seeds (Store Bought)
1. Mince 1 green onion. Set aside.
2. Mix together black pepper and sea salt. Set aside.
3. Pour 2 teaspoons of olive oil on plate. Rub filet in olive oil until entire surface of the meat is coated with oil.
4. Season the sides and edges of filet with the black pepper and sea salt mixture; leaving the top and bottom unseasoned.
5. Using tongs, place the filet upright on its seasoned side in a pre-heated, cast iron skillet. Sear edges of entire filet by rolling it until edges are browned. This should take approximately 6 minutes.
6. Sear the unseasoned top and bottom of filet 30 seconds on each side
7. Transfer filet onto a cutting board. Place the filet on its flat side and cut in half. Flip the 2 halves so the cut side faces down; creating 2 half-moon shapes.
8. Using a carving fork or tongs and a sharp knife, slice the filet lengthwise, creating approximately 12, very thin, half-moon slices.
9. Arrange filet slices as desired on a serving plate. Drizzle with the Sesame Oil, Soy Sauce and Balsamic Vinegar. Sprinkle with minced green onion and toasted sesame seeds.
For the perfect party, consider these other delicious appetizers:
#2009 Filet Mignon Spring Rolls
w/ #1755 Gourmet Horseradish Sauce
#2004 Pastry Kisses
#2008 Hot & Spicy Buffalo Chicken Wings
#2007 Buffalo Popcorn Shrimp
#2003 Jumbo Bacon-Wrapped Scallops