Get 4 FREE STEAKS on every shipment of $99 or more. Click for details
Steak Sandwich with Wild Mushrooms and Shallots
- 4 (4-6 oz) Omaha Steaks Top Sirloins
- 2 tsp. Worcestershire Sauce
- 2 Tbsp. Olive Oil, divided
- 4 Multigrain Rolls, toasted and sliced in half crosswise
- ¼ cup Dijon Mustard
- 10 Shallots, finely sliced
- 2 Tbsp. Butter
- 6 oz. Wild Mushrooms, sliced
- 3 Tbsp. Dry White Wine
- Salt & Pepper to Taste
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in nonstick saucepan and sauté the shallots over medium heat for 6-7 minutes, until lightly browned.
- Add the butter and mushrooms and sauté for 5-6 minutes longer; until soft. Turn down the heat. Add wine and reduce until the mixture is thick and moist and most of the liquid has evaporated, about 4-5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper and keep warm.
- Lightly pound the steaks 2-3 times with a meat mallet or rolling pin. Season with salt and pepper and Worcestershire sauce.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat and sear steaks for about 1 ½ minutes on each side. Turn down heat to medium and sauté for 1 minute longer for medium rare, 1 ½ - 2 minutes for medium, or to the desired doneness.
- To serve, spread each side of rolls with Dijon mustard. Place steak on the bottom half and top with the warm mushrooms and shallots. Serve open-faced or top with bun.