Your Holiday Shopping just got easier... FREE SHIPPING on selected combos! Click for details
Smoky Steaks With Chunky Bbq Sauce
Total Preparation And Cooking Time: 1 Hour
- 2 Omaha Steaks beef Porterhouse or T-bone steaks
- 2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon steak seasoning blend
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- Wood Chip Foil Packet (see below)
- Chunky BBQ Sauce:
- ¼ cup drained canned pineapple chunks, coarsely chopped
- ¼ cup chopped red onion
- 1 tablespoon packed brown sugar
- 1 ½ teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- ½ cup mild barbecue sauce
- For sauce, combine pineapple, onion, 1 tablespoon brown sugar and vinegar in small saucepan. Cook over high heat 2 to 3 minutes or until liquid is syrupy, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat to medium; add barbecue sauce. Cook and stir about 1 minute or until heated through. Set aside.
- Combine 2 tablespoons brown sugar, steak seasoning and chili powder in small bowl; press evenly onto beef steaks.
- Place wood chip foil packet on one side of grill directly on medium, ash-covered coals. Place cooking grid over coals. Place steaks in center of grid, not directly over foil packet. Grill, covered, 20 to 24 minutes for medium rare to medium doneness, turning occasionally. Carve steaks into slices and season with salt, as desired. Serve with Chunky BBQ Sauce.
Wood Chip Foil Packet:
- Tear 12/12-inchsquare of heavy-duty (or double layer of regular) aluminum foil.
- Place 1 cup dry hickory wood chips onto center of foil.
- Seal packet by bringing the two opposite sides together above the chips; fold down in a series of 2 to 3 tightly sealed folds.
- Fold the remaining open sides up and over 2 to 3 times, pressing firmly to seal at each fold.
Recipe courtesy of The Beef Checkoff