Your Holiday Shopping just got easier... FREE SHIPPING on selected combos! Click for details
Italian Beef Tenderloin and Pasta
Total prep and cooking time: 2 ¼ minutes
- 1 ¼ pounds Omaha Steaks Tenderloin Tips
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 large clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- 1 can (14 ½ ounces) Italian-style stewed tomatoes, undrained, broken up
- 1 can (13 ¾ to 14 ½ ounces) ready-to-serve beef broth
- ¼ cup dry red wine
- ½ pound small mushrooms, halved
- 4 ounces uncooked mostaccioli (1 ½ cups)
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Heat oil in Dutch oven over medium heat until hot. Brown tenderloin tips, ½ at a time; remove. Pour off drippings.
- Add onion, garlic and Italian seasoning to Dutch oven; cook and stir 2 minutes. Add beef, tomatoes, broth and wine; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover tightly and simmer 1 ½ hours or until beef in tender
- Stir in mushrooms and mostaccioli; continue cooking, covered, 20 minutes. Uncover; continue cooking 10 minutes or until pasta is tender. Stir in cheese.
Makes 4 servings.
Nutrition information per serving: 329 calories; 36g protein; 16g carbohydrate; 13g fat; 270mg sodium;110mg cholesterol; 4.2mg niacin; 0.4mg vitamin B6; 3.5mcg vitamin B12; 5.2mg iron; 9.3mg zinc.
Recipe courtesy of The Beef Checkoff