Get 4 FREE STEAKS on every shipment of $99 or more. Click for details
Italian Beef and Bean Stew
Total prep & cooking time on High setting: 6 hours & 15 minutes
Total prep & cooking time on Low setting: 7 hours & 15 minutes
- 2 pounds Omaha Steaks #1547 Beef Siroin Tips
- 1 package (12 to 14 ounces) dried bean soup mix with seasoning packet
- 1 can (14 to 14 ½ ounces) ready-to-serve beef broth
- 1 cup water
- ½ cup sun-dried tomato pesto sauce or spread
- Cover beans with water in large bowl. Cover and soak overnight in refrigerator. Reserve seasoning packet.
- Drain beans; rinse and pick over to remove any grit or shriveled and broken beans. Place beans, beef, broth, water and contents of seasoning packet in 4 ½ to 5 ½ quart slow cooker. Cover and cook on HIGH 5 to 6 hours, or on LOW 6 to 7 hours, or until beans are tender and beef is fork-tender. (No stirring is necessary during cooking.)
- Stir in pesto; mix well. Season with salt and pepper, as desired. Serve topped with additional pesto, if desired.
Makes 6 servings.
Recipe courtesy of The Beef Checkoff