Your Holiday Shopping just got easier... FREE SHIPPING on selected combos! Click for details
Dessert Sauce Recipes
All of these sauces make a great addition to Omaha Steaks wonderful desserts.
Raspberry Sauce (Makes 1 ½ Cups)
- 2 Cups Raspberries
- ½ Cup Powdered Sugar
- Combine Raspberries and powdered sugar in a blender, then blend until very smooth.
Sweet Cream (Makes 1 ½ Cups)
- 1-Cup Heavy Cream
- ¼ Cup Powdered Sugar
- Combine cream and sugar in a mixing bowl and whip until desired thickness.
Toffee Sauce (Makes 4 cups)
- 2 Cups Sugar
- ¼ lbs. Butter
- 2 Cups Heavy Cream
- Place sugar in a thick pan over medium heat with butter lying on top of it.
- Let cook slowly until the bottom up the sugar begins to brown.
- Once it begins to brown you can start carefully stirring the sugar and butter.
- Continue cooking and stirring until sugar is a caramel brown color.
- Slowly and carefully had the cream to the brown sugar while stirring.
- Continue to stir and cook until sauce is smooth. If there are any lumps strain sauce through a strainer and cool completely.
Chocolate Sauce (Makes 2 Cups)
- 14 oz Semi Sweet Chocolate (chunks or chips)
- 1-Cup Heavy Cream
- 2 Tbsp Cream De Cocoa (Optional)
- Slowly bring cream to a boil. Turn off heat and stir in chocolate. Let sit until chocolate has melted. Add optional Cream De Cocoa and stir until smooth.
Crème Anglaise (Makes 2 ½ Cups)
- 2 Cups Half & Half
- 2 tsp Real Vanilla Extract
- 5 Egg Yolks
- 1-Cup Sugar
- Heat Half & Half with vanilla slowly over a low burner while stirring. Be careful not to scorch. You may substitute a ½ a dry vanilla bean scraped out for the extract.
- While Half & Half is heating in a separate mixing bowl combine egg yolks and sugar and mix well using a whip until very shiny and completely combined.
- When the Half & Half comes to a boil remove ½ cup of the hot Half & Half and add slowly to the whipped egg yolks. This is called tempering the eggs.
- Now add the egg yolk mixture to the hot Half & Half and very slowly bring to a boil over low heat while stirring constantly. Be careful not too scorch.
- Once mixture comes to a boil remove from the heat immediately and cool.