Your Holiday Shopping just got easier... FREE SHIPPING on selected combos! Click for details
Cream of Wild Rice & Beef Soup with Lime & Cilantro*
Total preparation and cooking time: 30 minutes Makes 6 servings
- 1 each Omaha Steaks Beef Pot Roast
- 1 package (5.6 to 6.2 ounces) quick-cooking long grain & wild rice
- 1 can (13-3/4 to 14-1/2 ounces) ready-to-serve beef broth
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed, drained
- 1 can (10 ounces) original diced tomatoes and green chilies, undrained
- 1-1/2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 cups half-and-half
- 1 to 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- Prepare rice according to package directions, omitting butter.
- Meanwhile microwave pot roast according to package directions. Remove pot roast from package; shred with two forks. Reserve gravy for other use.
- Combine broth, beans, tomatoes and lime juice in 4-quart saucepan; bring to a boil over medium heat. Reduce heat to medium low; stir in beef and cooked rice, mixing well. Stir in half-and-half and cilantro; heat through.
418 calories; 30 g protein; 39 g carbohydrate; 11 g fat; 1,119 mg sodium; 91 mg cholesterol; 4.9 mg niacin; 0.4 mg vitamin B6; 2.8 mcg vitamin B12; 3.9 mg iron; 7.0 mg zinc.
*Recipe brought to you by the National Beef Cookoff 2003.
Recipe courtesy of The Beef Checkoff