Your Holiday Shopping just got easier... FREE SHIPPING on selected combos! Click for details
Classic Patty Melt
- 1 Tbsp Mayonnaise
- 2 slices Rye Bread
- 1 oz Sliced Swiss Cheese
- 2 tbsp. Sautéed Onions
- 1 each Omaha Steaks Burger
- Sprinkle Omaha Steaks Seasoning
- Spread ½ Tbsp of Mayonnaise on each slice of Rye Bread.
- Grill the bread with Mayonnaise side down in pan or George Forman grill.
- Melt the sliced Swiss cheese on the bread,
- Cook and season the Omaha Steaks Burger.
- Heat the Sautéed Onions.
- Put the burger and the onions between the melted cheese.
- Cut in half and serve.
Burger Cooking Tips:
- Thawing Omaha Steaks Burgers: Thaw frozen burger patties overnight in the refrigerator or use the Quick Thaw Method by placing the vacuum packaged burgers in cold water for 30-45 minutes.
- Cook burgers using one of the following methods: grilling, broiling, contact grilling or pan-fry.
- Season burgers with Omaha Steaks All-Natural Seasoning or salt and pepper
- Grill on first side until juices rise to top of burger and edges start to look cooked. (About 5-6 minutes for a 5oz Omaha Steaks Burger)
- Flip over and grill until juices run clear out the top of the burger (About 5-6 minutes for a 5oz Omaha Steaks Burger)
- Cook burgers to an internal temperature of 160°F; the center may still be slightly pink but the juices will run clear.
- Avoid patting down burgers with spatula, this will push juices out of burgers causing flame ups. Keep a spray bottle of water handy to put out any flame ups.
- If serving with cheese, melt cheese on burger for 1-2 minutes before removing burgers from the grill.
- To toast hamburger buns, either place face down on the grill or face up in the broiler or toaster oven for approximately one minute.
- Other hamburger "bun" options: 2 lettuce leaves, sliced French bread, tortillas or pita bread.