Get 4 FREE STEAKS on every shipment of $99 or more. Click for details
Bangkok Beef & Basil
- 4 Omaha Steaks Flat Iron Steaks
- 3/4 cup regular or low-sodium teriyaki sauce, divided
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 teaspoons red curry powder
- 1 package (7 ounces) dried rice noodles
- 1 cup thinly sliced red bell pepper strips
- 1 cup thinly sliced fresh basil
- 1 cup thinly sliced green onion strips (3 x 1/8-inch strips)
- Black pepper
- Cut steaks crosswise into 1/4-inch thick strips. Place in shallow glass dish. Add 1/4 cup teriyaki sauce; toss to coat. Cover and marinate in refrigerator 15 minutes.
- Combine remaining 1/2 cup teriyaki sauce, lime juice and curry powder in small bowl. Set aside.
- Prepare rice noodles according to package directions for stir-fry; drain and rinse with cold water. Set aside.
- Meanwhile spray nonstick wok or large skillet with nonstick cooking spray. Heat over medium-high heat until hot. Add 1/2 of beef; stir-fry 1 to 2 minutes or until outside surface of beef is no longer pink. Remove from wok. Repeat with remaining beef. If necessary, re-spray skillet with cooking spray. Add bell pepper to wok; stir-fry 30 to 60 seconds or until crisp-tender. Remove from wok.
- Add teriyaki sauce mixture to wok; bring to a boil. Add rice noodles, basil, 1/2 of green onions, bell pepper and beef; cook and carefully stir until heated through. Season with black pepper, as desired. Garnish with remaining green onions.
Makes 4 to 6 servings.
Nutrition Information per serving:
- using sirloin tip center (1/4 of recipe): 502 calories; 14 g fat (4 g saturated fat; 3 g monounsaturated fat); 112 mg cholesterol; 2218 mg sodium; 50 g carbohydrate; 2.9 g fiber; 43 g protein; 7.0 mg niacin; 0.6 mg vitamin B6; 1.9 mcg vitamin B12; 4.7 mg iron; 40.1 mcg selenium; 6.4 mg zinc.
- using shoulder top blade (flat iron) (1/4 of recipe): 539 calories; 19 g fat (5 g saturated fat; 6 g monounsaturated fat); 77 mg cholesterol; 2259 mg sodium; 50 g carbohydrate; 2.9 g fiber; 41 g protein; 5.5 mg niacin; 0.7 mg vitamin B6; 4.6 mcg vitamin B12; 5.3 mg iron; 25.9 mcg selenium; 11.7 mg zinc.
- using top round (1/4 of recipe): 517 calories; 13 g fat (3 g saturated fat; 3 g monounsaturated fat); 92 mg cholesterol; 2226 mg sodium; 50 g carbohydrate; 2.9 g fiber; 48 g protein; 7.9 mg niacin; 0.7 mg vitamin B6; 2.2 mcg vitamin B12; 5.2 mg iron; 46.8 mcg selenium; 7.4 mg zinc.
Recipe courtesy of The Beef Checkoff