Get FREE SHIPPING on every shipment of $79 or more. Click for details
Baja Swordfish Tacos
Serves 4-6 Makes 12 Tacos
- 1 Box (4/6 oz) Swordfish Steaks (#711)
- 1 cup Baja Marinade and Dipping Sauce (see below)
- 1-½ Tbsp Omaha Steaks Southwest Chipotle Seasoning (#1670)
- 12 each 6 inch Corn Tortillas
- ¾ cup Baja Chipotle Taco Sauce (Recipe to follow)
- 3 cups Finely Shredded Ice Berg Lettuce or cabbage if you prefer
- 12 each Cilantro Sprigs
- 12 each Lime Wedges
1. Begin by thawing the swordfish steaks.
2. Next carefully cut off the skin and cut each steak into 3 long even strips
3. Place the swordfish strips in a zip lock bag with 1 cup of the Baja Marinade and Dipping Sauce. Let marinade for 30 minutes to 2 hours.
4. While the fish is marinating prepare the Baja Chipotle Taco Sauce, shred the lettuce, cut the lime wedges and prepare condiments."
5. Heat grill to high. Remove swordfish from the marinade and place on the grill.
6. Sprinkle each side of the fish liberally with the Omaha Steaks Southwest Chipotle Seasoning (#1670).
7. Cook for about 2-3 minutes on each side and place fish on a clean plate.
8. For each taco start by heating the corn tortilla briefly either on the grill or in the bag in the microwave.
9. Next spread 1 Tbsp of the Baja Chipotle Taco Sauce across the middle of the tortilla.
10. Next place ¼ cup shredded lettuce on the sauced tortilla. Place the fish on the lettuce and top with condiment of choice. (Salsa, Guacamole, ext.)"
11. Place a fresh sprig of cilantro in each taco and serve with a fresh lime wedge to be squeezed on the taco by your guests.
Baja Chipotle Taco Sauce
Makes ¾ cup
¼ Cup Sour Cream
¼ Cup Mayonnaise
3 Tbsp Baja Marinade and Dipping Sauce
2 tsp Omaha Steaks Southwest Chipotle Seasoning (#1670)
In a mixing bowl combine all and mix well. Refrigerate before serving.