with Grilled Mushrooms
4 Omaha Steaks Top Sirloin Steaks
½ cup olive oil
½ cup balsamic vinegar
1 teaspoon freshly grated orange zest
4 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
Salt and pepper
4 large Portobello mushroom caps
- Place the steak in a large resealable plastic bag along with the oil, vinegar, orange zest, and 1 tablespoon of the parsley. Seal the bag and push the steak around to coat well, Refrigerate 1 hour.
- Preheat and oil the grill. Remove the steak and marinade from the refrigerator and bring to room temperature. Remove the steak from the bag and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Place the mushroom caps into plastic bag. Seal the bag and push the mushrooms around to coat with marinade. Remove them from the bag and season with salt and pepper to taste. Discard plastic bag.
- Grill the steak over direct medium-high heat about 10 minutes on each side for medium-rare or 12 minutes on each side for medium. Grill the mushrooms at the same time, top side down, on the edge of direct heat. Flip the mushrooms when you flip the steak and grill about 8 minutes longer, or until just beginning to char. Remove from the grill.
- Remove the steak from the grill and let rest 5 minutes. Slice the steak and mushrooms into strips and arrange on a platter. Sprinkle wit the remaining parsley and serve.
Total Preparation and Cooking Time: 30 minute
|Think this sounds tasty? It is. And so are the more than 100 recipes in the Omaha Steaks Steak Time iPhone app. Download it from iTunes now.|
Sign up for...
Omaha Steaks Emails
new products, unique daily deals and so much more!