Your Holiday Shopping just got easier... FREE SHIPPING on selected combos! Click for details
with Maytag Blue Cheese and Sun Dried Tomato Butter
4 Omaha Steaks Porterhouse Steaks
To taste Omaha Steaks All Natural Steak Seasoning
4 slices (1½" coins) Maytag Blue Cheese and Sun Dried Tomato Butter (recipe below)
Maytag Blue Cheese and Sun Dried Tomato Butter Ingredients:
1 tsp Olive Oil
½ cup Unsalted Butter, sliced
¼ cup Sun Dried Tomatoes, minced
1 Tbsp Garlic, minced
1 Tbsp Lemon Juice, freshly squeezed
1 Tbsp Worcestershire Sauce
½ cup Maytag Blue Cheese, crumbled
1 Tbsp Basil, minced
- Thaw Omaha Steaks Porterhouse Steaks over night in the fridge or quick thaw by placing sealed steaks in a sink with water for about 1 hour.
- Preheat grill on high. Season both sides of steaks with Omaha Steaks All Natural Steak Seasoning.
- Grill steaks to desired doneness.
- Just before removing the steaks from the grill, place the butter slice on each steak.
- The idea is to have the butter half melted on top as you are serving the steaks.
- To make the Maytag Blue Cheese and Sun Dried Tomato Butter, in a small sauce pan, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add garlic to pan; cook until brown. Add sun dried tomatoes to pan; cook for about 1 minute. Add lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce and basil to pan and immediately transfer the contents of the pan to a food processor or blender. Turn on food processor. Add Maytag blue cheese and puree the mixture.
- Add sliced butter to the food processor allowing the butter to be whipped into the puréed cheese mixture.
- Transfer mixture to a sheet of parchment paper.
- Roll into a tube about 1½" diameter and twist the paper at the ends.
- Refrigerate for 4-6 hours.
- When ready to serve, slice into 1½" coins as needed. Unused butter can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
- The Maytag Blue Cheese and Sun Dried Tomato Butter serves 8-10.
|Think this sounds tasty? It is. And so are the more than 100 recipes in the Omaha Steaks Steak Time iPhone app. Download it from iTunes now.|