Get FREE SHIPPING on every shipment of $79 or more. Click for details
Cajun Beef Burritos
3 Omaha Steaks Top Sirloin Steaks
¾ cup prepared tomatillo or regular prepared salsa, divided
1 package (5 to 6.5 ounces) Cajun rice and bean mix
2 teaspoons vegetable oil
½ teaspoon salt
4 medium flour tortillas (10-inch diameter), warmed
Tomatillo or regular prepared salsa
- Cut beef steak lengthwise in half, then crosswise into 1/8 to ¼-inch thick strips. Place beef and ½ cup salsa in medium bowl; toss to coat. Cover and marinate in refrigerator 30 minutes to 2 hours.
- Prepare rice and bean mix according to package directions, using ¼ cup less water and omitting oil or margarine; keep warm.
- Meanwhile remove beef from marinade; discard marinade. Heat 1 teaspoon oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Add ½ of beef; stir-fry 1 to 2 minutes or until outside surface of beef is no longer pink. Do not overcook. Remove from skillet. Repeat with remaining 1 teaspoon oil and beef. Season with salt.
- Return beef with juices to skillet. Add rice and remaining ¼ cup salsa; cook and stir 1 to 2 minutes or until heated through.
- Spoon 1 cup beef mixture evenly down center of each tortilla, leaving 1-½-inch border around edge. Fold bottom edge up over filling. Fold right and left sides to center, overlapping edges. Serve with additional salsa, as desired.
Total Preparation and Cooking Time: Up to 2 hours and 40 minutes
Recipe and Photo courtesy of The Beef Checkoff
|Think this sounds tasty? It is. And so are the more than 100 recipes in the Omaha Steaks Steak Time iPhone app. Download it from iTunes now.|