Get 4 FREE STEAKS on every shipment of $99 or more. Click for details
Tender Pepper-Rubbed Strip Steaks
with Grilled Vegetable Trio
2 Omaha Steaks Boneless Strip Steaks
1 pound baby red-skinned potatoes, cut in half
3-½ ounces fresh pearl onions, unpeeled, cut in half
1 pound asparagus, trimmed
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
1 tablespoon olive oil
3 cloves garlic, minced
2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme
1 teaspoon chopped fresh oregano
1 teaspoon chopped fresh parsley
½ teaspoon lemon peel
½ teaspoon coarsely ground mixed peppercorns (black, white, green and pink)
- Place potatoes in microwave-safe dish. Cover and microwave on HIGH 2-½ to 3 minutes or until crisp-tender. Let stand 5 minutes to cool slightly. Thread potato halves onto 10 to 12-inch metal skewers. Thread onion halves onto separate metal skewers.
- Combine Rub ingredients; reserve 2 teaspoons for garnish. Press remaining herb mixture evenly onto beef steaks.
- Place steaks in center of grid over medium, ash-covered coals; arrange potatoes, onions and asparagus around steaks. Grill steaks, uncovered, 15 to 18 minutes (over medium heat on preheated gas grill, covered, 11 to 15 minutes) for medium rare (145°F) to medium (160°F) doneness, turning occasionally. Grill potatoes and onions 5 to 10 minutes (gas grill times remain the same) or until golden brown and tender; grill asparagus 6 to 10 minutes (covered, 8 to 12 minutes on gas grill) or until crisp-tender, turning occasionally.
- Remove potatoes and onions from skewers; peel onions. Combine potatoes, onions, lemon juice, oil and lemon peel in large bowl. Toss to coat. Season with salt, as desired.
- Carve steaks into slices. Season with salt, as desired; sprinkle with reserved herb mixture. Serve steaks with grilled vegetables.
Total Preparation and Cook Time: 40 to 45 minutes
Recipe and Photo courtesy of The Beef Checkoff
|Think this sounds tasty? It is. And so are the more than 100 recipes in the Omaha Steaks Steak Time iPhone app. Download it from iTunes now.|