Your Holiday Shopping just got easier... FREE SHIPPING on selected combos! Click for details
Fig-Balsamic Glazed Beef Kabobs
1 lb. Omaha Steaks Beef Sirloin Tips
1 medium red onion, cut into 12 pieces
½ cup fig preserves, chopped
2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 teaspoon minced garlic
½ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon pepper
- Soak four 10-inch bamboo skewers in water 10 minutes; drain.
- Alternately thread beef and onion sections evenly onto skewers. Set aside
- Combine preserves, vinegar, oil, garlic, ½ teaspoon salt and pepper in small bowl; reserve ¼ cup for dipping. Brush kabobs with some of remaining sauce.
- Place kabobs on grid over medium, ash-covered coals. Grill, uncovered, about 7 to 9 minutes for medium rare to medium doneness, turning and basting with sauce every 2 minutes.
- Season kabobs with salt, as desired. Serve with reserved sauce for dipping.
Total Preparation and Cooking Time: 40 Minutes
Recipe and Photo courtesy of The Beef Checkoff
|Think this sounds tasty? It is. And so are the more than 100 recipes in the Omaha Steaks Steak Time iPhone app. Download it from iTunes now.|