Get 4 FREE STEAKS on every shipment of $99 or more. Click for details
Pesto-Rubbed Tri-Tip Roast
with Warm Tomato Sauce
1 Omaha Steaks Beef Tri-Tip Roast
½ cup prepared basil pesto sauce, divided
1-½ teaspoons pepper
1 can (14-½ ounces) Italian-style diced tomatoes, undrained
½ cup chopped onion
2 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese
- Heat oven to 425°F. Spread ¼ cup pesto evenly onto all surfaces of beef roast; sprinkle with pepper.
- Place roast on rack in shallow roasting pan. Do not add water or cover. Roast in 425°F oven 30 to 40 minutes for medium rare; 40 to 45 minutes for medium doneness.
- Meanwhile combine tomatoes and onion in small saucepan. Cook over medium heat 15 to 20 minutes or until onion is tender and most of the liquid has evaporated. Stir in remaining ¼ cup pesto. Keep warm.
- Remove roast when instant-read thermometer registers 135°F for medium rare; 150°F for medium. Transfer roast to carving board; tent loosely with aluminum foil. Let stand 15 minutes. (Temperature will continue to rise about 10°F to reach 145°F for medium rare; 160°F for medium.)
- Carve roast across the grain into thin slices. Season with salt and pepper, as desired. Serve with tomato sauce and sprinkle with cheese.
Total Preparation and Cooking Time: 1 to 1-¼ hours
Serves: 6 to 8
Recipe and Photo courtesy of The Beef Checkoff
|Think this sounds tasty? It is. And so are the more than 100 recipes in the Omaha Steaks Steak Time iPhone app. Download it from iTunes now.|