Your Holiday Shopping just got easier... FREE SHIPPING on selected combos! Click for details
Skewered Surf and Turf
with Rice and Roasted Garlic Sauce
For the Surf and Turf Ingredients:
1 pound Omaha Steaks Beef Sirloin Tips
8 scallops (or 4 jumbo scallops)
2 frozen cold-water lobster tails
4 long metal skewers or 8 bamboo skewers, soaked in water for at least 30 minutes and drained
¼ cup (2 ounces) melted butter
1 teaspoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
½ teaspoon paprika
1 recipe Long-Grain White Rice
8 thin lemon slices, for garnish
4 sprigs dill, for garnish
For the Roasted Garlic Sauce Ingredients:
2 heads garlic
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 small onion, diced
1 ½ cups chicken stock
1 cup heavy cream
2 teaspoons minced marjoram
¼ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
- To prepare the garlic sauce, break up the heads of garlic into individual cloves, keeping them unpeeled. Place in a roasting pan and roast in the oven for about 30 minutes, or until lightly browned, shaking the pan occasionally. Remove from the oven, and when cool enough, squeeze out the garlic from the cloves and mince. Place the olive oil in a saucepan and sauté the onion over medium-high heat for 3 minutes. Add the garlic and sauté for 2 minutes longer. Add the stock and cream and bring to a boil. Turn down the heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add the marjoram, salt, and pepper and remove from the heat. Transfer to a blender and puree. Return to a clean saucepan and simmer, uncovered, for about 30 minutes or until the sauce is reduced by one-third. Just before serving, warm through in a saucepan.
- Prepare the grill.
- To prepare the surf and turf, mix the butter and lemon juice in a mixing bowl.
- with scissors, cut the two lobster shells to expose the meat, brush with the butter mixture, and grill over medium-high heat, shell side down, for 5 minutes. Turn over, brushing any exposed lobster meat with the butter mixture, and grill for 7 minutes longer, or until the meat is white and cooked through. Add the paprika to the remaining butter mixture and when the lobster is cool enough, remove each shell, brush the tails with the paprika butter, and cut each tail into 6 slices.
- Thread the tenderloin tips and scallops on the skewers, brushing the scallops with the butter mixture, and grill for 3 to 4 minutes on each side, or to the desired doneness, basting the scallops.
- Serve some of the rice on each serving plate and transfer the beef and scallops from the skewers on to the plates next to the rice. Add 3 lobster slices to each plate and serve some of the sauce next to the meat, seafood, and rice. Garnish with the lemon slices and dill.
|Think this sounds tasty? It is. And so are the more than 100 recipes in the Omaha Steaks Steak Time iPhone app. Download it from iTunes now.|