Get 4 FREE STEAKS on every shipment of $99 or more. Click for details
South Pacific Steak Kabobs
4 Omaha Steaks Flat Iron Steaks
1-½ cups purchased fresh pineapple chunks packed in juice
½ cup hoisin sauce
1 large red bell pepper, cut into 1-½ inch pieces
1 small red onion, cut into 8 wedges
1/3 cup apricot preserves
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- Soak four 12-inch bamboo skewers in water 10 minutes; drain.
- Meanwhile drain pineapple, reserving ½ cup juice. Combine pineapple juice and hoisin sauce in small bowl. Place steaks in food-safe plastic bag. Pour ¼ cup hoisin-pineapple mixture over steaks; turn to coat. Close bag securely and marinate in refrigerator 30 minutes to 2 hours.
- Alternately thread pineapple chunks, bell pepper pieces and onion wedges onto four 12" skewers. Place in glass dish; brush ¼ cup hoisin-pineapple mixture on kabobs. Cover and marinate in refrigerator 30 minutes to 2 hours.
- Remove steaks and skewers from marinade; discard marinade. Place steaks and kabobs on grid over medium, ash-covered coals. Grill steaks, covered, 10 to 14 minutes until steaks are medium rare to medium doneness and vegetables are crisp-tender, turning occasionally.
- Meanwhile combine remaining hoisin-pineapple mixture, apricot preserves and lemon juice in small saucepan; cook and stir over medium heat until hot. Serve steaks with kabobs and sauce. Sprinkle with cilantro.
Total preparation and cooking time: 30 minutes
Recipe and Photo courtesy of The Beef Checkoff
|Think this sounds tasty? It is. And so are the more than 100 recipes in the Omaha Steaks Steak Time iPhone app. Download it from iTunes now.|