Get FREE SHIPPING on every shipment of $79 or more. Click for details
Jimi Hendrix Steak Experience
For the Marinade and Steaks Ingredients:
6 Omaha Steaks Top Sirloin Steaks
½ cup olive oil
¼ cup balsamic vinegar
2 tablespoons pureed or finely minced garlic
2 tablespoons black peppercorns
3 sprigs tarragon leaves removed and coarsely chopped
3 sprigs rosemary leaves removed and coarsely chopped
For the Beef Syrup Ingredients:
1 cup beet juice
Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
For the Cilantro Oil:
6 bunches cilantro, thick steams removed
1 cup olive oil
Salt and pepper to taste
For the Dressing and Salad Ingredients:
½ cup vegetables oil
2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
½ cup red wine vinegar
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
6 bunches watercress, washed and drained
- To prepare the marinade, place the oil, vinegar, garlic, and peppercorns in a dish or mixing bowl and whisk to combine. Add the tarragon and rosemary. Add the steaks, coating with the marinade on both sides, and let marinate in the refrigerator overnight.
- To prepare the beet syrup, place the beet juice in a small saucepan and bring to a boil. Cook over medium-high heat for 15 to 20 minutes, or until syrupy in consistency and ¼ cup remains. Lightly season with salt and pepper.
- To prepare the cilantro oil, blanch 3 bunches of cilantro in boiling water for 10 seconds. Remove and shock in a bowl of ice water to stop the cooking process. Transfer to a blender with the remaining bunches of uncooked cilantro and puree while slowly adding the olive oil. Let the mixture rest overnight. The next day, strain through cheesecloth into an attractive glass bottle and season with salt and pepper.
- Prepare the grill
- To prepare the dressing, whisk together the vegetable oil and mustard in a mixing bowl. Whisk in the vinegar and season with the salt and pepper. Let chill in the refrigerator. Remove the thick stems of the watercress and chill the leaves. When ready to serve, toss the watercress with the dressing and pole in a high mound on the center of each serving plate, leaving plenty of room around the watercress.
- Remove the steaks from the marinade and grill over medium-high heat for 2 to 2 ½ minutes on each side for medium-rare, about 3 minutes on each side for medium, or to desired doneness.
- Slice each steak and arrange on top of the salad. Drizzle or spoon the cilantro oil and beet syrup around the salad in attractive or free-form psychedelic patters.
|Think this sounds tasty? It is. And so are the more than 100 recipes in the Omaha Steaks Steak Time iPhone app. Download it from iTunes now.|