30 minPrep Time
1 hrCook Time
- 20 oz. Brioche bread, 1/2 inch cubes
- 12 oz. Granulated Sugar
- 1 cup milk
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 8 each egg yolks
- 1 pound white chocolate (cut into small chunks)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 12 oz. toffee chunks
- Heat milk, 4oz. of sugar, heavy cream and vanilla on medium heat. Mix well.
- Beat egg yolks and the rest of the sugar in a mixing bowl.
- When milk begins to boil (rise), quickly add a small amount of the hot cream mixture to egg yolk mixture to temper the yolks.
- Add the yolk mixture to the cream mixture, and mix well over low-medium heat.
- After about 5 minutes this should reach a thin custard consistency. Turn off heat.
- Add 2/3 of the white chocolate to this mixture and stir until it melts.
- Pour mixture on top of bread cubes in a large mixing bowl.
- Mash down bread and mix using a potato masher, or a heavy whip, until the pudding has the texture of mush. Fold in 1/2 of the Toffee Chunks.
- Spray pudding cups with food release spray.
- Fill 16 ea. 8-10 oz. ramekins to top with mixture. Pack down well. Sprinkle with the remaining white chocolate and the Toffee Chunks.
- Put cups in a large roasting pan and add water until it reaches 1/2 way up the cups.
- Cover pan and cups with foil.
- Place pan in a oven heated to 350° for 40 minutes.
- Remove foil and bake another 15 minutes, test middle for doneness.
- Let cool at room temp.
- Place in refrigerator overnight.
- Remove puddings from cups and reheat in microwave.