There are 2 Omaha Steaks stores in your area.
Top Sirloin and Smoked Mozzarella Stuffed Focaccia with Pesto
- 2 hrsMarinade Time
- 20 minPrep Time
- 15 minCook Time
Featured Omaha Steaks Product:
4 (8 oz.) Top Sirloins4 (8 oz.) Top Sirloins 583WZC
Now Only $54.99
- 3 Omaha Steaks Top Sirloin Steaks
- 1/4 cup prepared basil pesto sauce, divided
- 1 loaf (8 to 10 ounces) focaccia bread, cut horizontally in half
- 4 ounces smoked mozzarella or provolone cheese, sliced 1/8 to 1/4 inch thick
- 1 medium plum tomato, cut into 1/4-inch thick slices
- Cut beef steak lengthwise in half, then crosswise into 1/8 to 1/4-inch thick strips. Combine 2 tablespoons pesto and beef in medium bowl. Cover and marinate in refrigerator 30 minutes to 2 hours.
- Heat oven to 350°F. Remove some bread from center of cut sides of loaf if very thick, creating a pocket. Spread remaining 2 tablespoons pesto evenly over cut sides of bread; top each half evenly with cheese. Place on metal baking sheet. Bake in 350°F oven 8 to 10 minutes or until heated through and cheese melts.
- Meanwhile heat large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Add 1/2 of beef; stir-fry 1 to 3 minutes or until outside surface of beef is no longer pink. (Do not overcook.) Remove from skillet. Repeat with remaining beef.
- Using slotted spoon, place beef over bottom half of bread; top with tomatoes. Close sandwich, pressing together slightly. Cut into 4 wedges.
Recipe and Photo courtesy of The Beef Checkoff
"Omaha Steaks", "Omaha Steaks Private Reserve", "Private Reserve" and "Triple-Trimmed" are trademarks owned by Omaha Steaks International, Inc. and may not be used without permission. © 2000-2016, OmahaSteaks.com, Inc. All rights reserved. v19.2.4