There are 2 Omaha Steaks stores in your area.
Thai Beef Soup with coconut, lemongrass, and noodles
- 3 hrsMarinade Time
- 30 minPrep Time
- 30 minCook Time
- 4 to 6Servings
Featured Omaha Steaks Product:
4 (7 oz.) Flat Iron Steaks4 (7 oz.) Flat Iron Steaks 1582WZC
Now Only $49.99
- 3 Omaha Steaks Flat Iron Steaks, cut across grain 1 inch long and 1/8 inch thick
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
- 3 cans (14 ounces each) coconut milk
- 3 stalks lemongrass, tough outer leaves removed
- 3 tablespoons minced ginger
- 3 kaffir lime leaves, or 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 stalk celery, diced (about 1/2 cup)
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1/4 cup minced cilantro
- 1 cup dry white wine
- Salt and freshly ground white pepper to taste
- 3 Roma tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 sweet onion, finely sliced
- 3 scallions, finely sliced
- 1 carrot, finely sliced
- 5 ounces dry rice noodles (or jasmine rice noodles)
- 1/2 cup finely sliced basil
- Place the beef in a mixing bowl, add the soy sauce and sesame oil, and let marinate at room temperature for 2 to 3 hours, or at least 30 minutes, turning occasionally.
- To prepare the soup base, place the coconut milk in a large saucepan. Cut the lemongrass in half across and then in half lengthwise. Crush with the back of a heavy knife and add to the pan. Add the ginger, lime leaves, celery, lemon juice, garlic, cilantro, wine, salt, and pepper, and bring to a boil, stirring occasionally. Boil gently for 5 minutes and then remove from the heat and let infuse, covered, while cooking the beef and vegetables.
- Heat a dry wok or cast-iron skillet over high heat. Add the beef and marinade and sear for 8 to 10 minutes, stirring constantly, or until the beef is tender, browned, and the liquid has evaporated. Remove the beef and pat dry with paper towels.
- To prepare the vegetables, blanch the tomatoes in a small saucepan of boiling water for 2 minutes. Drain, and when cool enough to handle, peel, cut in half, and gently squeeze out the seeds. Dice the tomatoes and set aside. Heat the olive oil in a saucepan; add the onion, scallions, and carrot, and sauté over medium-high heat for 2 minutes.
- Strain the coconut liquid into the saucepan and bring to a boil. Add the noodles and cook for about 5 minutes, or until tender. Add the basil, blanched tomatoes, and cooked beef, and season to taste. Ladle into serving bowls.
"Omaha Steaks", "Omaha Steaks Private Reserve", "Private Reserve" and "Triple-Trimmed" are trademarks owned by Omaha Steaks International, Inc. and may not be used without permission. © 2000-2016, OmahaSteaks.com, Inc. All rights reserved. v19.2.3