Teriyaki Tenderloin Beef Kabobs with Sticky White Rice
- 3 hrsMarinade Time
- 15 minPrep Time
- 15 minCook Time
- 6 to 8Servings
Featured Omaha Steaks Product:
3 (1 lb. pkgs.) Tenderloin Tips3 (1 lb. pkgs.) Tenderloin Tips 670WZA
Reg. $59.99 I Now Only $39.99
IngredientsMarinade and Beef:
- 1 1/2 pounds Omaha Steaks Tenderloin Tips
- 3/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 cup sherry
- 3 tablespoons sake, optional
- 3 tablespoons unseasoned rice wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon peeled and minced fresh ginger
- 1 scallion, sliced
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes, or to taste
- 2 cups short-grain white rice
- 2 cups cold water
- To prepare the marinade, place all ingredients except the beef in a saucepan and heat through, whisking until the sugar dissolves. Let cool. Transfer to a mixing bowl, add the beef, and marinate in the refrigerator 2 to 3 hours, turning occasionally.
- Place the rice in a strainer and pour running cold water over it until the water no longer looks milky. Soak in a bowl of water for 1 hour. Drain and transfer to a saucepan, together with the 2 cups of cold water. Bring to boil, turn the heat to low, and cover. Simmer about 15 minutes, or until the water has been absorbed and the rice is sticky and soft. Keep warm.
- Drain the beef and thread onto metal or bamboo skewers that have been soaked in water for 30 minutes. (Using two parallel skewers instead of one prevents the meat from spinning around and not cooking evenly.) Pour the marinade into a saucepan and bring to a boil. Cook over medium-high heat 5 minutes, until reduced and syrupy. Grill the kabobs over direct medium-high heat for 8 to 10 minutes, turning occasionally, brushing the meat with the marinade glaze with each turn.
- Remove the beef from the skewers and transfer to serving plates with the rice.
Sign up for...
Omaha Steaks Emails
new products, unique daily deals and so much more!