Your Holiday Shopping just got easier... FREE SHIPPING on selected combos! Click for details
Sweet & Savory T-Bones
- 35 minPrep Time
- 15 minCook Time
Featured Omaha Steaks Product:
4 (18 oz.) T-Bone Steaks4 (18 oz.) T-Bone Steaks 1633WZA
Reg. $154.00 I Now Only $109.99
- Omaha Steaks T-bone Steaks
- 1/2 pound small carrots with tops, trimmed
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 medium zucchini and/or yellow squash, cut in 1/2-inch slices
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons coarse ground black pepper
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1/3 cup chopped pitted dates
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Combine sauce ingredients in small saucepan over medium heat; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 10 minutes to blend flavors, stirring occasionally. Place sauce in blender or food processor container. Cover; pulse on and off for slightly chunky texture. (For a thinner sauce, stir in additional 1 to 2 teaspoons water.) Return sauce to saucepan; keep warm until ready to serve.
- Place carrots and 2 tablespoons water in large nonstick skillet. Cover; cook 8 to 10 minutes or until water has evaporated; add squash. Drizzle with oil; toss to coat evenly. Continue to cook, uncovered, 6 to 8 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender and beginning to brown, stirring occasionally. Season with salt, as desired.
- Meanwhile, press pepper evenly onto beef steaks. Place steaks on grill over medium, ash-covered coals. Grill steaks, uncovered, 14 to 16 minutes (over medium heat on preheated gas grill, covered, 15 to 19 minutes) for medium rare (145°F) to medium (160°F) doneness, turning occasionally.
- Remove bones; carve steaks crosswise into slices. Season steak salt, as desired. Serve with sauce and vegetables.
Recipe and Photo courtesy of The Beef Checkoff