Your Holiday Shopping just got easier... FREE SHIPPING on selected combos! Click for details
Succulent Filet in a Field of Greens
- 15 minPrep Time
- 10 minCook Time
Featured Omaha Steaks Product:
4 (6 oz.) Filet Mignons4 (6 oz.) Filet Mignons 453WZA
Reg. $93.99 I Now Only $64.99
- 4 Omaha Steaks Filet Mignons
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 teaspoons minced garlic, divided
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- 3 cups assorted wild mushrooms (such as cremini, oyster, shiitake, enoki and morel)
- 2 cups red and/or yellow cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 2 tablespoons champagne or white wine vinaigrette
- Salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup mixed baby salad greens
- Heat oil in large nonstick skillet over medium heat until hot. Add mushrooms and 1 teaspoon garlic; cook and stir 2 to 4 minutes or until mushrooms are tender and browned. Remove to medium bowl; cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, combine remaining 2 teaspoons garlic and thyme. Press evenly onto beef steaks. Place steaks in same skillet over medium heat; cook 10 to 13 minutes for medium rare (145°F) to medium (160°F) doneness, turning occasionally. Remove to platter.
- Add tomatoes, salad greens and vinaigrette to mushrooms; toss lightly to coat.
- Season steaks with salt and pepper, as desired. Serve with salad.
Recipe and Photo courtesy of The Beef Checkoff