Get 4 FREE STEAKS on every shipment of $99 or more. Click for details
Steak Canapés on Garlic Toasts with Roquefort Cream & Caramelized Pears & Onions
- 50 minPrep Time
- 10 minCook Time
Featured Omaha Steaks Product:
4 (8 oz.) Boneless Strips4 (8 oz.) Boneless Strips 922WZH
Reg. $89.99 | Now Only $49.99
- 2 Omaha Steaks Boneless Strip Steaks
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 16 small arugula leaves, for garnish, optional
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3 Bartlett or Anjou pears, ripe but still firm, peeled, cored, and sliced lengthwise into eighths
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 onions, thinly sliced
- 8 ounces Roquefort cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons white wine Worcestershire sauce or regular Worcestershire sauce
- Freshly ground white pepper to taste
- 1 small French baguette (at least 8 inches long)
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- To prepare the pears and onions, melt the butter in a large sauté pan over medium-low heat. Place the pears in the pan in a single layer and sauté for 5 minutes on each side. Sprinkle the sugar over the pears and continue to sauté for about 5 minutes longer on each side, or until cooked through but not mushy. Remove the pears and let cool. Wipe out the pan with a paper towel. Heat the olive oil in the pan and sauté the onions over medium heat for about 10 minutes, or until golden brown. Set aside.
- For the Roquefort cream, combine the Roquefort, heavy cream, lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce, and pepper in a small mixing bowl. Set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 400° F. Slice the baguette on the diagonal into 1/2 -inch slices. (You will need 16 slices.) Combine the butter and garlic and spread a thin layer on each slice of bread. Place the bread, garlic-side up, on a baking sheet and toast in the oven for 6 to 8 minutes, or until lightly golden. Remove from the oven and set aside to cool.
- Season the steaks with salt and pepper. Heat the olive oil in a cast-iron skillet and sear the steaks over medium-high heat for about 3 minutes on each side for medium-rare, 4 minutes for medium or to the desired doneness. Remove from the pan and let rest for 5 minutes. Slice the steaks against the grain into 1/4-inch strips that are long enough to fit the toast slices.
- To assemble the canapés, spread 1 tablespoon of Roquefort cream on each garlic toast. Lay 2 slices of steak on top of the cream. Arrange 1 slice of caramelized pear and some of the onions on top of the steak. Garnish with the arugula. Serve at room temperature.