There are 2 Omaha Steaks stores in your area.
Steak Canapés on Garlic Toasts with Roquefort Cream & Caramelized Pears & Onions
166Recipe categories: Strip Steak
- 50 minPrep Time
- 10 minCook Time
Featured Omaha Steaks Product:
4 (8 oz.) Boneless New York Strips4 (8 oz.) Boneless New York Strips 922WZC
Now Only $61.99
- 2 Omaha Steaks Boneless Strip Steaks
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 16 small arugula leaves, for garnish, optional
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3 Bartlett or Anjou pears, ripe but still firm, peeled, cored, and sliced lengthwise into eighths
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 onions, thinly sliced
- 8 ounces Roquefort cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons white wine Worcestershire sauce or regular Worcestershire sauce
- Freshly ground white pepper to taste
- 1 small French baguette (at least 8 inches long)
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- To prepare the pears and onions, melt the butter in a large sauté pan over medium-low heat. Place the pears in the pan in a single layer and sauté for 5 minutes on each side. Sprinkle the sugar over the pears and continue to sauté for about 5 minutes longer on each side, or until cooked through but not mushy. Remove the pears and let cool. Wipe out the pan with a paper towel. Heat the olive oil in the pan and sauté the onions over medium heat for about 10 minutes, or until golden brown. Set aside.
- For the Roquefort cream, combine the Roquefort, heavy cream, lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce, and pepper in a small mixing bowl. Set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 400° F. Slice the baguette on the diagonal into 1/2 -inch slices. (You will need 16 slices.) Combine the butter and garlic and spread a thin layer on each slice of bread. Place the bread, garlic-side up, on a baking sheet and toast in the oven for 6 to 8 minutes, or until lightly golden. Remove from the oven and set aside to cool.
- Season the steaks with salt and pepper. Heat the olive oil in a cast-iron skillet and sear the steaks over medium-high heat for about 3 minutes on each side for medium-rare, 4 minutes for medium or to the desired doneness. Remove from the pan and let rest for 5 minutes. Slice the steaks against the grain into 1/4-inch strips that are long enough to fit the toast slices.
- To assemble the canapés, spread 1 tablespoon of Roquefort cream on each garlic toast. Lay 2 slices of steak on top of the cream. Arrange 1 slice of caramelized pear and some of the onions on top of the steak. Garnish with the arugula. Serve at room temperature.
"Omaha Steaks", "Omaha Steaks Private Reserve", "Private Reserve" and "Triple-Trimmed" are trademarks owned by Omaha Steaks International, Inc. and may not be used without permission. © 2000-2016, OmahaSteaks.com, Inc. All rights reserved. v19.2.3