There are 2 Omaha Steaks stores in your area.
Steak Au Poivre
- 35 minPrep Time
- 10 minCook Time
Featured Omaha Steaks Product:
4 (8 oz.) Boneless New York Strips4 (8 oz.) Boneless New York Strips 922WZC
Now Only $61.99
- 2 Boneless Strip Sirloins, thawed
- 1 Tbsp. coarsely ground pepper
- 1/3 cup Armagnac, Cognac or Bourbon, warmed
- About 30 minutes before cooking, press the crushed peppercorns into both sides of the steaks, using the heel of your hand. Gauge about 1/2 Tbsp per steak.
- In a heavy skillet, heat 1 tsp. oil.
- Sear steaks on both sides very quickly over high heat.
- Reduce heat and cook to desired doneness.
- Quickly flame steaks with the warm liquor.
- Remove steaks to a hot platter, rinse pan with 1 tsp. of the same liquor and pour over steaks.
Although it can be grilled with success, traditionally steak au poivre is panbroiled or sautéed. The pepper for steak au poivre must be crushed in a mortar, cracked with a rolling pin or whirled in a blender to make rather course pieces. Do not be afraid to use a generous amount. Freshly crushed pepper is not hot.
"Omaha Steaks", "Omaha Steaks Private Reserve", "Private Reserve" and "Triple-Trimmed" are trademarks owned by Omaha Steaks International, Inc. and may not be used without permission. © 2000-2016, OmahaSteaks.com, Inc. All rights reserved. v19.2.4