There are 2 Omaha Steaks stores in your area.
South Pacific Steak Kabobs
- 2 hrsMarinade Time
- 15 minPrep Time
- 15 minCook Time
Featured Omaha Steaks Product:
4 (7 oz.) Flat Iron Steaks4 (7 oz.) Flat Iron Steaks 1582WZC
Now Only $49.99
- 4 Omaha Steaks Flat Iron Steaks
- 1-1/2 cups purchased fresh pineapple chunks packed in juice
- 1/2 cup hoisin sauce
- 1 large red bell pepper, cut into 1-1/2 inch pieces
- 1 small red onion, cut into 8 wedges
- 1/3 cup apricot preserves
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- Soak four 12-inch bamboo skewers in water 10 minutes; drain.
- Meanwhile drain pineapple, reserving 1/2 cup juice. Combine pineapple juice and hoisin sauce in small bowl. Place steaks in food-safe plastic bag. Pour 1/4 cup hoisin-pineapple mixture over steaks; turn to coat. Close bag securely and marinate in refrigerator 30 minutes to 2 hours.
- Alternately thread pineapple chunks, bell pepper pieces and onion wedges onto four 12" skewers. Place in glass dish; brush 1/4 cup hoisin-pineapple mixture on kabobs. Cover and marinate in refrigerator 30 minutes to 2 hours.
- Remove steaks and skewers from marinade; discard marinade. Place steaks and kabobs on grill over medium, ash-covered coals. Grill steaks, covered, 10 to 14 minutes until steaks are medium rare to medium doneness and vegetables are crisp-tender, turning occasionally.
- Meanwhile combine remaining hoisin-pineapple mixture, apricot preserves and lemon juice in small saucepan; cook and stir over medium heat until hot. Serve steaks with kabobs and sauce. Sprinkle with cilantro.
Recipe and Photo courtesy of The Beef Checkoff
"Omaha Steaks", "Omaha Steaks Private Reserve", "Private Reserve" and "Triple-Trimmed" are trademarks owned by Omaha Steaks International, Inc. and may not be used without permission. © 2000-2016, OmahaSteaks.com, Inc. All rights reserved. v19.2.3