Get 4 FREE STEAKS on every shipment of $99 or more. Click for details
South Pacific Steak Kabobs
- 2 hrsMarinade Time
- 15 minPrep Time
- 15 minCook Time
Featured Omaha Steaks Product:
4 (7 oz.) Flat Iron Steaks4 (7 oz.) Flat Iron Steaks 1582WZH
Now Only $77.99
- 4 Omaha Steaks Flat Iron Steaks
- 1-1/2 cups purchased fresh pineapple chunks packed in juice
- 1/2 cup hoisin sauce
- 1 large red bell pepper, cut into 1-1/2 inch pieces
- 1 small red onion, cut into 8 wedges
- 1/3 cup apricot preserves
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- Soak four 12-inch bamboo skewers in water 10 minutes; drain.
- Meanwhile drain pineapple, reserving 1/2 cup juice. Combine pineapple juice and hoisin sauce in small bowl. Place steaks in food-safe plastic bag. Pour 1/4 cup hoisin-pineapple mixture over steaks; turn to coat. Close bag securely and marinate in refrigerator 30 minutes to 2 hours.
- Alternately thread pineapple chunks, bell pepper pieces and onion wedges onto four 12" skewers. Place in glass dish; brush 1/4 cup hoisin-pineapple mixture on kabobs. Cover and marinate in refrigerator 30 minutes to 2 hours.
- Remove steaks and skewers from marinade; discard marinade. Place steaks and kabobs on grill over medium, ash-covered coals. Grill steaks, covered, 10 to 14 minutes until steaks are medium rare to medium doneness and vegetables are crisp-tender, turning occasionally.
- Meanwhile combine remaining hoisin-pineapple mixture, apricot preserves and lemon juice in small saucepan; cook and stir over medium heat until hot. Serve steaks with kabobs and sauce. Sprinkle with cilantro.
Recipe and Photo courtesy of The Beef Checkoff