Your Holiday Shopping just got easier... FREE SHIPPING on selected combos! Click for details
Sliced Sirloin Steak with Sun-Dried Tomatoes and California Goat Cheese
- 30 minPrep Time
- 10 minCook Time
Featured Omaha Steaks Product:
4 (8 oz.) Top Sirloins4 (8 oz.) Top Sirloins 583WZA
Reg. $81.99 I Now Only $49.99
- 4 Omaha Steaks Top Sirloin steaks, about 8 ounces each
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3/4 teaspoon fennel seeds
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 3 tablespoons drained prepared horseradish
- 2 tablespoons Dijon or whole-grain mustard
- Pinch of salt
- 8 sliced French bread, about 1/2 inch thick
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 8 ounces fresh goat cheese, cut into 8 slices
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Freshly cracked black pepper
- 1 cup fine bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon dried Herbes de Provence, or mixed dried herbs
- 4 to 5 ounces mixed baby lettuces, such as red oak, arugula, frisee, and radicchio
- 8 sun-dried tomatoes pack in oil, drained
- Whip the cream in a mixing bowl to soft peaks.
- Whisk in the sour cream, horseradish, mustard, and salt until thoroughly blended (overmixing will deflate the cream).
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Preheat the oven to 350° and prepare the grill (or, alternatively, the steaks can be broiled).
- Place the salt, pepper, fennel seeds, and thyme in a heavy-bottomed skillet and toast lightly over medium heat for about 1 minute, until just fragrant.
- Transfer to a spice grinder and grind to a powder.
- Run the mixture onto the steaks.
- Grill the seasoned steaks for 4 to 5 minutes per side for medium-rare and about 6 minutes per side for medium.
- Remove the steaks from the grill and let rest for 5 minutes before slicing.
- While the steaks are grilling, prepare the vinaigrette: Whisk together the oil, garlic, and vinegar until emulsified.
- Set aside.
- Place the slices of goat cheese on a plate and sprinkle with oil and pepper.
- Thoroughly mix together the bread crumbs and herbs in a mixing bowl.
- Dredge the cheese slices in the bread crumb mixture, coating thoroughly.
- Transfer the slices to a baking sheet and bake in the oven for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, toss the lettuces with the vinaigrette in a mixing bowl.
- Place a mound of lettuce on one side of each serving plate and top with the baked goat cheese slices, croutons, and tomatoes.
- Ladle the chilled mustard sauce on the other side of each plate and arrange the steak slices on top of the sauce.
- Serve immediately.