There are 2 Omaha Steaks stores in your area.
Sirloin Steaks with Red Chile Mashed Potatoes
110Recipe categories: Steaks
- 45 minPrep Time
- 10 minCook Time
Featured Omaha Steaks Product:
4 (8 oz.) Top Sirloins4 (8 oz.) Top Sirloins 583WZB
Now Only $89.99
IngredientsRed Chile Mashed Potatoes:
- 1-1/2 pounds potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup milk
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1-1/2 cups fresh corn kernels (from 2 ears)
- 1/2 tablespoon pure red chile powder
- 1/2 tablespoon chopped cilantro
- 1 teaspoon honey
- Salt, to taste
- 4 top sirloin steaks, about 8 ounces each, 1-1/4 inches thick, Omaha Steaks
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Prepare the grill.
- Place the potatoes in a saucepan of salted water and bring to a boil.
- Turn down the heat and simmer for about 20 minutes, until tender.
- Drain and transfer to a mixing bowl.
- Meanwhile, in a sauté pan, melt the butter with the milk, bring to a boil, and add the garlic and corn.
- Turn down the heat and simmer for 3 minutes.
- Sprinkle in the chile powder and stir.
- Strain the mixture, reserving the corn separately from the liquid.
- With an electric mixer (or with a wire whisk), whip the potatoes while drizzling in the reserved cooking liquid, adding a little more milk as needed.
- Stir in the reserved corn, the cilantro and honey, and season with salt.
- Preheat the oven broiler.
- Season the steaks with salt and pepper, heat the oil in a cast-iron skillet and sear the steaks over high heat for 1 minute on each side.
- Transfer to the grill and cook for 3 minutes per side for medium-rare, about 4 minutes per side for medium, or to desired doneness.
- Transfer to serving plates.
- Serve the steaks with the potatoes.
"Omaha Steaks", "Omaha Steaks Private Reserve", "Private Reserve" and "Triple-Trimmed" are trademarks owned by Omaha Steaks International, Inc. and may not be used without permission. © 2000-2016, OmahaSteaks.com, Inc. All rights reserved. v19.2.7d