Maytag Blue Cheese Butter:
Whisk together the cheese and butter in a mixing bowl and refrigerate until set.
Red Wine Sauce:
- Heat the butter in a sauté pan.
- Add the onion and sauté over medium-high heat for about 2 to 3 minutes, until the onion turns translucent.
- Add the peppercorns and sauté 2 to 3 minutes longer.
- Add the wine and reduce the mixture until almost dry.
- Add the Demi Glace and bring to a boil.
- Remove the pan from the heat, strain the sauce through a fine-mesh sieve into a clean saucepan or double boiler, and keep warm.
- Heat the butter in a sauté pan or skillet.
- Add the steaks to the hot pan and sear over high heat for 2 to 3 minutes per side for medium-rare and 3 to 4 minutes per side for medium.
- The steaks should be a little crusty on the outside.
- Season with salt and pepper, remove from the pan, and let rest briefly.
- Place a dollop of blue cheese butter on each medallion, spoon the sauce over the butter and meat, and serve immediately.