Get 4 FREE STEAKS on every shipment of $99 or more. Click for details
Seared Filet Mignon Steaks with Maytag Blue Cheese Butter and Red Wine Sauce
- 20 minPrep Time
- 10 minCook Time
Featured Omaha Steaks Product:
4 (8 oz.) Filet Mignons4 (8 oz.) Filet Mignons 481WZH
Reg. $112.00 | Now Only $69.99
4 (4 oz. pkgs.) Omaha's Best Genuine Steak Gravy4 (4 oz. pkgs.) Omaha's Best Genuine Steak Gravy 2261WZH
Reg. $15.99 | Now Only $9.99
- 4 Omaha Steaks Filet Mignon Steaks, about 8 ounces each, sliced crosswise into 2 medallions
- 2 teaspoons butter
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup Maytag blue cheese
- 8 tablespoons (1 stick) butter, at room temperature
- 1 Beef Demi Glace (Omaha's Best Genuine Steak Gravy)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup finely diced onion
- 20 black peppercorns
- 1/2 cup Cabernet Sauvignon wine
PreparationMaytag Blue Cheese Butter:
Whisk together the cheese and butter in a mixing bowl and refrigerate until set.
Red Wine Sauce:
- Heat the butter in a sauté pan.
- Add the onion and sauté over medium-high heat for about 2 to 3 minutes, until the onion turns translucent.
- Add the peppercorns and sauté 2 to 3 minutes longer.
- Add the wine and reduce the mixture until almost dry.
- Add the Demi Glace and bring to a boil.
- Remove the pan from the heat, strain the sauce through a fine-mesh sieve into a clean saucepan or double boiler, and keep warm.
- Heat the butter in a sauté pan or skillet.
- Add the steaks to the hot pan and sear over high heat for 2 to 3 minutes per side for medium-rare and 3 to 4 minutes per side for medium.
- The steaks should be a little crusty on the outside.
- Season with salt and pepper, remove from the pan, and let rest briefly.
- Place a dollop of blue cheese butter on each medallion, spoon the sauce over the butter and meat, and serve immediately.