Get 4 FREE STEAKS on every shipment of $99 or more. Click for details
Salt Encrusted Ribeye Roast
- 15 minPrep Time
- 90 minCook Time
Featured Omaha Steaks Product:
1 (4 lb.) Boneless Heart of Prime Rib Roast1 (4 lb.) Boneless Heart of Prime Rib Roast 686WZH
Now Only $137.00
- 1 ea. 4 or 6 lbs. Omaha Steaks Boneless Heart of Prime Rib
- 1 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 2-3 tsp. cracked black pepper
- 1 box (3-lbs.) coarse kosher salt
- 1-1/4 cup water
- Heat oven to 425° F. Line shallow roasting pan with heavy-duty aluminum foil. Combine salt crust ingredients; mix well. (Mixture may appear dry, but do not add additional water.)
- In roasting pan, pat 1-1/2 cups salt mixture into a rectangular shape about 1/2 to 1 inch larger than the size of the roast.
- Brush roast with oil; press pepper evenly into surface. Insert ovenproof meat thermometer into thickest part of roast, not resting in fat; center roast on salt layer. Starting at base of roast, pack remaining salt mixture onto sides and top of roast to encase roast in salt. (Occasionally, some salt mixture may fall off exposing small areas of the roast. This will not affect cooking.)
- Roast in 425° F oven approximately 1-1/2 to 1-3/4 hours for medium rare; 1-3/4 to 2 hours for medium doneness.
- Transfer pan with roast to cooling rack; let stand uncovered, 15 minutes.
- Remove and discard salt crust from roast, brushing off any remaining salt. Carve roast into 1/2 inch thick slices.
Recipe courtesy of The Beef Checkoff