10 minPrep Time
10 minCook Time
* Makes 1 quart
- 2 lbs. Roma tomatoes, red and ripe (cored and washed)
- 1/2 ea. yellow onion (peeled and roughly chopped into 1" pieces)
- 1 ea. jalapenos (medium size, halved, stem and seeds removed)
- 1 Tbsp. Omaha Steaks Salt Free Seasoning
- 2 tsp. fresh garlic, minced
- 2 Tbsp. Cilantro, finely minced
- 1 Tbsp. fresh lime juice
- Heat a large cast iron skillet over high heat.
- Add the Roma tomatoes, the jalapeño, and the roughly cut onion.
- Let the vegetables char for about 2-3 minutes before rotating them all. Repeat 3-4 times or until the vegetables are 50% charred.
- Place the tomatoes, onions, jalapeños, cilantro, lime juice, Salt Free Seasoning, and garlic in a food processor or a blender. Puree slightly but still leave some small chunks in it.