There are 2 Omaha Steaks stores in your area.
Red Flannel Corned Beef Hash with Poached Eggs
189Recipe categories: Breakfast
- 5 hrsMarinade Time
- 1 hrPrep Time
- 20 minCook Time
Featured Omaha Steaks Product:
1 (2 lb.) Old Fashioned Corned Beef1 (2 lb.) Old Fashioned Corned Beef 1604WZC
Now Only $54.99
2 (9 oz. pkgs) Deli-Style Corned Beef Slices2 (9 oz. pkgs) Deli-Style Corned Beef Slices 2390WZC
Now Only $24.99
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 1/4 cup finely diced red bell pepper
- 1/4 cup finely diced green bell pepper
- 1 pound Omaha Steaks corned beef, finely diced
- 2 cups diced cooked beets (2 or 3 beets, weighing about 1 pound)
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1-1/2 pounds russet potatoes, peeled and diced
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 8 eggs
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- Freshly ground black pepper, for garnish
- Melt the butter in a sauté pan or skillet and sauté the onion and bell peppers over medium-high heat for 5 minutes. Transfer to a mixing bowl and add the corned beef, beets, eggs, Worcestershire sauce, pepper, and nutmeg. Mix thoroughly and let rest in the refrigerator for at least 5 hours or overnight.
- Heat the olive oil in a sauté pan, add the potatoes, and sauté over medium-high heat for 8 to 10 minutes, or until golden brown, stirring frequently. Set aside.
- Heat 1/2 tablespoon of the vegetable oil in each of 2 large sauté pans. Add one quarter of the hash mixture to each pan and cook over medium heat for about 2 minutes. Add the sautéed potatoes and continue cooking for 6 to 8 minutes or until crispy, shaking and flipping the pan or stirring frequently with a spatula. Remove and keep warm while repeating for the remaining hash mixture.
- Bring a medium saucepan of salted water to a boil and add the vinegar.
- Break 4 eggs, one at a time, into a saucer and then slip carefully into the pan.
- Cook until the egg whites are set and firm, about 4 minutes.
- Remove with a slotted spoon and let drain.
- Repeat for the remaining 4 eggs.
- To serve, place the hash on warm serving plates, top with a poached egg, and garnish with freshly ground black pepper.
"Omaha Steaks", "Omaha Steaks Private Reserve", "Private Reserve" and "Triple-Trimmed" are trademarks owned by Omaha Steaks International, Inc. and may not be used without permission. © 2000-2016, OmahaSteaks.com, Inc. All rights reserved. v19.2.4