Quick Brown Sauce
11Recipe categories: Gravy
- 5 minPrep Time
- 10 minCook Time
- 4 to 6Servings
- 3 Tbsp. butter
- 3 Tbsp. flour
- 1 1/2 cups canned bouillon, soup stock or vegetable stock
- 1/2 tsp. thyme
- sprig parsley
- salt and freshly ground pepper
- Melt the butter in a heavy saucepan over low heat.
- Add flour and blend well over medium heat.
- Reduce heat and simmer for several minutes. Heat bouillon or stock, stir into the roux (flour and butter mixture) and continue stirring until sauce thickens.
- Add herbs, reduce heat and simmer for several minutes.
Sign up for...
Omaha Steaks Emails
new products, unique daily deals and so much more!