Pink Peppercorn Steaks with Beurre Rouge and Shoestring Potatoes
- 1 hrPrep Time
- 15 minCook Time
Featured Omaha Steaks Product:
4 (5 oz.) Filet Mignons4 (5 oz.) Filet Mignons 1135WZC
Now Only $49.99
- 4 Omaha Steaks Filet Mignons
- Salt, to taste
- 6 tablespoons pink peppercorns, crushed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 or 3 Idaho potatoes, each about 8 ounces each, peeled and cut into 1/8-inch-thick to 1/4-inch-thick julienne (preferably with a mandoline)
- Peanut oil, for deep frying
- 1/2 cup red wine
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon minced shallots
- 1 tablespoon heavy cream
- 1/2 cup (4 ounces) butter, cut into cubes
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup crushed pink peppercorns (remaining from steak rub)
- 4 sprigs Italian flat-leaf parsley, for garnish
- Soak the julienned potatoes in a bowl of cold water for about 30 minutes. Heat the oil in a deep-fryer or large saucepan to 375°. Rinse the potatoes thoroughly, drain and pat dry. Add the potatoes (in batches) to the hot oil and fry for about 2 to 3 minutes or until golden brown. (Keep the temperature of the oil constant during frying and between batches. If the oil becomes too hot, the fries will brown too quickly and will not stay crisp once removed from the fryer.) Remove with a slotted spoon, drain on paper towels, and season with salt. To keep warm, if necessary, place in an oven set on low heat. Do not cover, or the fries will become soggy.
- Rub each steak with salt and about 1/2 tablespoon of the crushed pink peppercorns. Heat the olive oil in a large skillet and sear the steaks over medium-high heat until browned on both sides (about 1 minute per side). Turn the heat down to medium and continue to sauté the steaks for about 3 to 4 minutes on each side for medium-rare, 4 to 5 minutes for medium, or to the desired doneness.
- To prepare the sauce, combine the red wine, red wine vinegar and shallots in a saucepan and bring to boil over medium-high heat. Reduce to about 2 tablespoons (this will take 10 to 15 minutes) and add the heavy cream. Turn the heat down to low and gradually add the butter, stirring slowly until it is all incorporated. Be careful not to let the mixture boil, or it will separate. Remove from the heat and strain if desired. Season with salt and the remaining 1/4 cup of crushed pink peppercorns. Transfer to a double boiler or thermos flask to keep warm if not using immediately.
- Arrange the steaks in the center of the warm serving plates and garnish with the parsley. If you wish, pour any steak juices over the steaks. Ladle the sauce over the steaks and around the plate. Top with a heaping portion of fries.
Sign up for...
Omaha Steaks Emails
new products, unique daily deals and so much more!