There are 2 Omaha Steaks stores in your area.
Pesto-Rubbed Tri-Tip Roast with Warm Tomato Sauce
- 30 minPrep Time
- 45 minCook Time
Featured Omaha Steaks Product:
1 (1.5 lb.) Tri-Tip Roast1 (1.5 lb.) Tri-Tip Roast 2285WZC
Now Only $34.99
- 1 Omaha Steaks Beef Tri-Tip Roast
- 1/2 cup prepared basil pesto sauce, divided
- 1-1/2 teaspoons pepper
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) Italian-style diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese
- Heat oven to 425°F. Spread 1/4 cup pesto evenly onto all surfaces of beef roast; sprinkle with pepper.
- Place roast on rack in shallow roasting pan. Do not add water or cover. Roast in 425°F oven 30 to 40 minutes for medium rare; 40 to 45 minutes for medium doneness.
- Meanwhile combine tomatoes and onion in small saucepan. Cook over medium heat 15 to 20 minutes or until onion is tender and most of the liquid has evaporated. Stir in remaining 1/4 cup pesto. Keep warm.
- Remove roast when instant-read thermometer registers 135°F for medium rare; 150°F for medium. Transfer roast to carving board; tent loosely with aluminum foil. Let stand 15 minutes. (Temperature will continue to rise about 10°F to reach 145°F for medium rare; 160°F for medium.)
- Carve roast across the grain into thin slices. Season with salt and pepper, as desired. Serve with tomato sauce and sprinkle with cheese.
Recipe and Photo courtesy of The Beef Checkoff
"Omaha Steaks", "Omaha Steaks Private Reserve", "Private Reserve" and "Triple-Trimmed" are trademarks owned by Omaha Steaks International, Inc. and may not be used without permission. © 2000-2016, OmahaSteaks.com, Inc. All rights reserved. v19.2.4